• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiophile 2496

Share/Bookmark

Audiophile 2496

Hi everyone,

I\'m about to purchase an Audiophile 2496 for my P111 1GB, (256 ram)
    I\'m running Gst 160 with Cakewalk pro audio 9.03.
    Has anyone experienced latency problems, or clicks/pops with this card? I\'ve only heard excellent reviews so far, but thought I\'d \"double check\"

thanks
    mal

Re: Audiophile 2496

Mal

I have the audiophile running with CWPA9.03 / Sonar and Gigastudio with absolutely no problems other than I can\'t spend enough time on my system!!! (I have to work as well)

No clicks, pops, dropouts. Crisp full sound - so much better than my previous Gina20. For the money you really can\'t go wrong.

Brian.

Brian,

which version of the delta drivers are you using? Also, do you have DX 8 or DX 7 installed on your system. I have the 24/96 and I want to use vst instruments in Sonar. I was under the impression that Sonar needs DX 8 and WDM drivers to be fully operational with DX and VST instruments and that Giga won\'t run with WDM drivers. Since you seem to be up and running could you list your configuration between the card and the progs?

Thanx,

kobuk

\"I have the audiophile running with CWPA9.03 / Sonar and Gigastudio with absolutely no problems other than I can\'t spend enough time on my system!!! (I have to work as well)

No clicks, pops, dropouts. Crisp full sound - so much better than my previous Gina20. For the money you really can\'t go wrong.\"

Hi Kobuk

I have 2 partitions on my system:-

1. Windows 98SE running Sonar + Giga using latest MME drivers for Audiophile.

2. Windows 2000 running Sonar with latest WDM drivers for Audiophile.

Both partitions have DirectX8.0a installed.

I like to use the WDM driver for mixing and soft synths but having thrown so much money into Gigastudio with sample libraries I have to do the Giga work on a seperate partition. This means that I mostly record and render Giga WAVs on the 98SE partition and mix and master on the 2000 partition.

Obviously this is a PIA but until Nemesys releases a 2000 complient version of Gigastudio that is the way it has to be It really isn\'t that much hassle once you get used to it - I just have to plan ahead a bit to avoid unloads & reloads.

I have no pops or clicks on either system and to be totally honest the latency on the 98SE partiton is really not too bad - I don\'t use input effects (I have too much outboard just to write it off). On the 2000 partition I can get much lower latency (obviously!!!)

Hope this helps.

Brian.

Go Back to forum