• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KHSO Emerald in EXS?

Share/Bookmark

KHSO Emerald in EXS?

I am researching the possibility of doing an EXS version of KHSO Emerald. Therefore, I'm asking if there would be an interest in a native EXS version....OR....have many of you EXS users out there already purchased the Giga version of KHSO Emerald and translated it over?

Thanks for the feedback.

Kirk

Re: KHSO Emerald in EXS?

Depending on the price and programming implimentation, I might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    Depending on the price and programming implimentation, I might be interested.
    ditto here

Kirk:

I already own the Kontakt version, but would love to use it in EXS. Would there be a price break for a crossgrade?

Peace

Rikp

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    Kirk:

I already own the Kontakt version, but would love to use it in EXS. Would there be a price break for a crossgrade?

Peace

Rikp
    Yes. Whenever someone wants to crossgrade, there is always a break in pricing.

I think you'd be wasting your time. I much prefer the Kontakt interface to EXS. The only advantage I see is that doing multi's in Kontakt you get problems with midi volume on each channel affecting the plug-ins volume. This is a Logic issue, as it behaves differently in ProTools (where the midi volumes affects the volume of the individual instrument). With EXS I don't think you can build multis, so every instance would have its own track and its own volume automation.

I was under the impression that K2 is rather unstable on the Mac. Am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by JMDNYC
    I think you'd be wasting your time. I much prefer the Kontakt interface to EXS. The only advantage I see is that doing multi's in Kontakt you get problems with midi volume on each channel affecting the plug-ins volume. This is a Logic issue, as it behaves differently in ProTools (where the midi volumes affects the volume of the individual instrument). With EXS I don't think you can build multis, so every instance would have its own track and its own volume automation.
    I dont know if your aware of this, but since EXS is integrated into Logic, its much better with resource management than K2, meaning you can load many more instruments in EXS formats than K2. This is why EXS are mainly used as single instances as not only is it much more convenient, but its very smart at allocating CPU resources. BTW, you CAN run EXS as a multi instrument if you wish (its under multi-instruments in Logic)

The only negatives between EXS vs K2 is the lack of release samples and the lack of scripting in EXS. However, IMO the ability to load more instruments makes up for the lack of these features.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    I was under the impression that K2 is rather unstable on the Mac. Am I mistaken?
    I have no problems with stability on my mac, though it does seem to take almost twice the resources to load instruments in K2 format than EXS.

For the reasons JT3_Jon explained, I always prefer EXS versions. I'd buy the crossgrade.

- Mike Greene

Go Back to forum