• Register
  • Help

Topic: TSOŚnice addition if already have WG Jr?

Share/Bookmark

TSOŚnice addition with WG Jr, or get WG!?

As one day I would like them all, I already bought WG Jr. and Rain Piano. I was going for the Jr versions to accomodate my dual G4.

I want to round out my collection for now and am torn between these:

For Jrs: TSO and the 7CG Jr. I think the TSO sounds like it will fit in my mixes better, but I wondered if it is going to sound that much different than my WG Jr. I don't want to duplicate my purchases, so to speak. With soft playing, I am able to achieve that nice "standing alone tone" with my WG Jr., even though I've read it is considered not a "real" piano sound or something like that.

How would White Grand sound compared to my WG Jr.? I'm wondering if maybe it would be a better idea to get the upgrade?

Last day for the sale...

Re: TSOŚnice addition with WG Jr, or get WG!?

Quote Originally Posted by macmuse
    For Jrs: TSO and the 7CG Jr. I think the TSO sounds like it will fit in my mixes better, but I wondered if it is going to sound that much different than my WG Jr.

Yes, it will sound (and above all) feel different, but not as much different as the 7CG. TSO is mellower and better rounded. 7CG is mellower yet and still more full bodied. Either of them is richer to play solo than the White Grand is. Either way, you can't go far wrong.

Starting with these juniors is a very intelligent plan. After you get used to them and see how they feel to you over a time, you'll have a better idea how to upgrade. Depending on your purposes, you may decide never to upgrade at all, or you may decide to go in some different direction entirely. It's a painless way to get some experience living with these things. No matter what happens, you'll get permanently-useful pianos at a terrific bargain.

(So get the 7CGJr and just dig it.)

Larry

Go Back to forum