• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cool Demo of Multi-touch Interactive Interface

Orcas Island

Lightbulb Cool Demo of Multi-touch Interactive Interface

Here is a cool demo of a new Multi-touch Interactive Interface

Jeff Han is a research scientist at New York University's Media Research Lab demonstrates his intuitive, "interface-free," touch-driven computer screen, which can be manipulated intuitively with the fingertips, and responds to varying levels of pressure.

This seems to be the future of computing and goes beyond the Lemur. And the musical applications are tremendous - for newfangled musical instruments, for sequencing and for mixing.

Re: Cool Demo of Multi-touch Interactive Interface

It's a little bit of a lengthy video, but still neat. Now to spend all the money I saved up for Garritan Marching Band on a screen like this so I can select those percussion patches and play them in Kotakt without having to walk 5 feet to my keyboard to play them...wow my thought process is flawless .
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

West Seneca, NY

I would say this is one of the SMARTEST innovations in a long time in computer technology. Makes total sense! Can imagine the significance for the future.
    Thanks Gary, that was neat o' man!

Dallas, TX

Thats awesome. That was all graphics, can't wait to see demos of it's uses with sound apps or with graphics and sound.

Go Back to forum