• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GOS v2 ?

Share/Bookmark

GOS v2 ?

I´d like to know if there are possibly any plans to do "v2" of the GOS Strings, probably in 24 Bit. I still like the sound, but the library has aged a bit and lacks of programming, compared to the newer libraries like VSL and EWQLSO.
    ---------------------------
    Scott L. Coen
    Music Editor & Audio Engineer

Re: GOS v2 ?

Gary has said that a lot of GOS is going to be intregrated with GPO Advanced, which is possibly coming out later this year. There will be an upgrade for those who have GOS or GPO and I believe it will be in 24 bit. (If you do a word search on this forum for GPO Advanced or GPOA you'll find lots of information.)

I have been receiving a number of requests for a seperate string library.

Let me ask everyone...

Would you like a seperate section strings library (which would most likely be sooner) or would you rather wait for a string library to be incorporated in GPO Advanced?

Let me know you thoughts.

Gary Garritan

I think a seperate strings library coming out sooner would be fine, just so long as that is not a sacrifice to quality and capability.

Personally, my desire is that the development effort be focused on the funtionality of GPOA, so that it can be gotten out the door as soon as possible - with only a basic set of instruments, perhaps, but all the controls and other infrastucture in place. Then each section, probably starting with the strings, can recieve a seperate expansion pack adding more voices and playing techniques. That way everybody can have a working orchestra out of the box, and then can pay extra if they want superballs on timpani, or shamisen, or a particularly detailed and realistic string section, or other such goodies.

-Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

Let me ask everyone...

Would you like a seperate section strings library (which would most likely be sooner) or would you rather wait for a string library to be incorporated in GPO Advanced?

Gary Garritan

Personally, I´d go for the string library. I like to mix different libraries anyway, so I´d prefer being able to purchase the string section seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

Let me ask everyone...

Gary Garritan
    Scott L. Coen
    Music Editor & Audio Engineer

I'd also prefer a separate strings library.

I've already got woodwinds, percussion and brass libraries that I'm very happy with, so having to buy the whole GPOA package would mean buying a bunch of samples that I'd never use - which also means spending more money that I'd really have to.

This is especially true for the brass. I've already got Project Sam Brass, so I'd end up buying the exact same samples again if I bought GPOA (GPOA is using Project Sam, right?).
    Mark
    http://www.markderrico.com

I think having GOS2 would be great, I use the original all the time, it's a great library.
    i hope there would be a loyalty to the previous owners of GOS
    Giga 3 for me!

I agree with bscott...

I too have been using GOS for over 2 years and love it. The strings are warm and rich. GOS2 would be great to have
    Mark
    http://www.markderrico.com

Another vote in favor here. (I know I voted already )
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

One more vote here for an updated strings-only library. Love the original.

Go Back to forum