• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Version 2?

Share/Bookmark

Version 2?

Could Dave or someone at Nemesys please give us an indication of what is happening with GS. When is a newer version likely to ship? Will it be able to handle more than 256 Meg Ram, 16 midi channels, and will S-Convert be improved? I\'m not moaning but the above limitations spoil what is groundbreaking software. The Nemesys web site seems to never update it\'s news page and I\'m sure that I\'m not the only user who is interested in developements, Regards James Hall

Re: Version 2?

I, too, would really like some information on Version 2, or the next incarnation if it can be given.
    Thanks,
    Mahlon Bouldin

I, too, would really like some information on Version 2, or the next incarnation if it can be given.
    Thanks,
    Mahlon Bouldin

The 1.61 beta fixes the RAM limiatation problem and is available on the website.
    All the other things and more are being considered for future NemeSys products though everything is under wraps at this time. You can expect an announcment sometime next year
    Sorry we can\'t give more details.
    Thanks
    Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Of NemeSys (edited 11-10-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Dave Of NemeSys (edited 11-19-1999).]

Dave,

Can you could at least say something about the ideal platform for the next incarnation of GS. i.e. Althlon vs PIII; Win2k vs Win98 vs BeOS; Being able to run a GS with more MIDI and polyphony on the same machine as the sequencer/HD recorder; etc. I for one would find it helpful to know where I want to be hardware wise when the upgrade arrives.

Dave,

Where can I find 1.61beta. I went to your site but couldn\'t find it. Also, does it change anything else but the ram limitation?

Just a note i posted in response to the new Nem hardware sampler that i thought would be relavent here.

Hello all,
    you know i dont know what to think about this. Deep down i have an uneasy feeling.
    Why would a company that is revolutionising the sampler market in taking it from harware to software build a huge sampler in hardware form. I understand how the full potential of the straming technology is perhaps restrained somewhat with current pc operating platforms and performance limitations but..to return to hardware based solutions?

I hope NemeSys are working hard to develop the GS. I hold it up as a wonderful instrument to encourage all involved BUT, it has a LONG way to go. It would seem that a lot of energy has been directed to this new product. Again, i hope not at the expence of the GS. We\'ve all taken a path with GS and trust that it will develop into its potential ASAP.

I hope to see a big improvement in version 2.
    Soon.

Regards

John.

As soon as you install GS on a computer, you have a hardware sampler. That’s what the NCS is: a box with several computers inside, networked together, all running the current version of GS. It’s not a hardware sampler in the traditional sense.

Thankyou Bill for the clarification.

John

Yes! Please! It would be very beneficial for us to know the hardware requirements, as I (and I presume others) wish to add more of these machines fairly soon (using the current software available), but I am obviously interested in only buying and configuring machines that will ALSO be capable of the new software product.

Please offer us customer support by way of providing this information, so that when the time comes for the new software we dont have to then also purchase new machines over again.

Go Back to forum