• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Microphone test...

Share/Bookmark

Red face OT - Microphone test...

I finally got a very cheap basic preamp for my microphone... I still need a windscreen and a good mic stand, but the mic is working and I am happy!

Here's one of several tests I did... I thought this one was the funniest, though unfortunately we were sitting too close to the computer fan, so you can hear it blowing steadily in the background throughout... My 10 year old sister plays the interviewer, Lindsey Lawrence, while I play Earl Chaplin the famous composer. After recording, I sped up the voices a bit... I love how comical it makes the voices sound.

http://wizardwalk.com/radio/EarlChaplin.mp3

Overall, I am extremely happy with this mic, it was just what I had wanted! I still need to improve on mic positioning, sound editing on the computer, etc, but I think even this demo sounds much better than those cheapo computer mics... too bad this particular demo was too close to the computer's fan...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: OT - Microphone test...

what pre amp did you buy, and what microphone do you own?
    Did you play or sing. i did not completely understand that part.
    Im a novice in composition but i am an expert when it comes to sound and equipment.

The Simpsons, that was Good Sean and Stephanie!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Narator
    what pre amp did you buy, and what microphone do you own?
    Did you play or sing. i did not completely understand that part.
    Im a novice in composition but i am an expert when it comes to sound and equipment.
    The mic is a Superlux CM-8HA and it is now connected to the Tascam US-122... which I'm not sure is technically a "preamp" (perhaps more of an "audio interface"?) but it gets the job done, and is easy for an audio amateur like me to setup and use. In this test we're just talking, which is the main thing I plan to do with the microphone.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Superlux CM-H8A

Session recorded by Dan Kury with only Superlux mics

I apologize for the shameless plug Sean
    Dan

Go Back to forum