• Register
  • Help

Topic: Delta 1010 versus Logic Audio/Cubase

Share/Bookmark

Delta 1010 versus Logic Audio/Cubase

Hello. I\'ll like to know why i can\'t run LogicAudio 4.5 and/or 4.6 or Cubase (im trying with this 3 sequencer) in a midi and audio project simultaneously.
    My configuration is:
    PC III, 1GB/133mHz, 384 MB RAM, 2 IBM hd, 7200 rpm, ATA 100, 30GB (each one), motherboard:Asus CusL2

Only with Cakewalk 9.0 Prodaudio was possible to me to run Midi and Audio at same time.
    Thanx
    Ed, may,5,2001, Săo Paulo, SP, Brasil

------------------

Re: Delta 1010 versus Logic Audio/Cubase

Ed.

It IS possible, but not easy. My gut feeling is that Cakewalk doesn\'t need as much CPU as Cubase or Logic, and that\'s why you can get audio tracks on it.

Hancor has reported success running Logic, but it wasn\'t \'plug and play\'. He had to pay a lot of attention to his setup. Look for any posts by him.

Nenad Siskov also made a utility which causes Gigastudio\'s CPU priority to be lowered and makes Logic or Cubase more likely to work. Some people have reported improvements with this, some haven\'t seen a change. It\'s called GSFIX.exe

In the latest V2.2 patch for Gigastudio, Nemesys have added this facility to the programme.

The best solution so far seems to be giving up and putting Gigastudio on its own PC. Unfortunately, it means a lot of duplication in PC soundcard and midi interface.

Re: Delta 1010 versus Logic Audio/Cubase

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Ed.

It IS possible, but not easy. My gut feeling is that Cakewalk doesn\'t need as much CPU as Cubase or Logic, and that\'s why you can get audio tracks on it.

Hancor has reported success running Logic, but it wasn\'t \'plug and play\'. He had to pay a lot of attention to his setup. Look for any posts by him.

Nenad Siskov also made a utility which causes Gigastudio\'s CPU priority to be lowered and makes Logic or Cubase more likely to work. Some people have reported improvements with this, some haven\'t seen a change. It\'s called GSFIX.exe

In the latest V2.2 patch for Gigastudio, Nemesys have added this facility to the programme.

The best solution so far seems to be giving up and putting Gigastudio on its own PC. Unfortunately, it means a lot of duplication in PC soundcard and midi interface.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanx, i\'ll trying to do in this way. If someone have more options about it, please, send me news. Thanx for all.
    Ed

Go Back to forum