• Register
  • Help

Topic: j&bb is locking up my computer

j&bb is locking up my computer

My computer has neen locking up(by that i mean you hear a chord of notes and it locks and i have to press the warm button to restart it)it did not matter what i was useing,from BIAB to cubase j&bb did not have to be loaded

I have gradually over the last 3 month taking off one program at a time and i have just taken j & bb off and it is this that is doing it,

i have used my computer for 7 days with out it happering as soon as i put j & bb back on it restarted playing up i have reloaded it 3 times recently

what would you think the problem is i had quite a lot of trouble putting on in the first place so maybe i have messed a file up

i have GPO and that is fine,one thing i did notice was although i have a 2.8 pentium 4 with 1.5gb memory and XP it was giving a low memory when the set of instruments was only 83 mb(lite type) and it took a long time to load

Any help would be much apprechiated and thanks for reading this topic

regards Dave Hoskins

Re: j&bb is locking up my computer

Just as a small note, make sure you have installed all of the needed updates for Windows and have your drivers running the latest versions. This, as I have found with other programs, can cause a good bit of a headache. If this doesn't work, then I have no idea of what is causing the problem.

Welcome Dave. Don't worry about this community, even though some users may bite. If you have been trolling this site, you may notice that Gary Garritan himself is quite active in even the most mundane or outrageous of topics. So chances are, your question will be immediately placed in his hands. Enjoy your stay.

Also, can we have a moderator move this topic to its proper location?
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Re: j&bb is locking up my computer

Thanks CJ for sorting out where i put this post i must apolagize for puttin it in the wrong place,

I`ve never put the sevice pack 2 on my XP computer because i do not have any internet connections, so i did not think it was necassary

My internet computer has win98SE as the OS and it will not let me download SP2 so it will take 4-6 weeks to get a cd from them

Hope it has some effect

regards Dave Hoskins

Go Back to forum