• Register
  • Help

Topic: Volume problems

Share/Bookmark

Volume problems

Hey people,

I just bought myself a copy of GPO yesterday and am having one small problem:

Every instrument except the piano has a really low volume level (so much that you cant really hear it).

I can fix this by turning the volume all the way up or by moving the mod wheel (in Kontakt) all the way up, the mod wheel gives me the most volume. The only thing is this doesn't save when I exit the project so when I come to work on it again i have to go through each patch and push the mod wheel up on each instrument.

I'm using GPO as a VSTi in Nuendo 2.

Thanks,
    TB

Re: Volume problems

I found the solution to my problem with a closer look in the manual.

I have to record a nudge of the mod wheel at the beginning of every midi sequence to bring the volume up. (kinda annoying)

This is a drawback in all NI instruments that you CC1 for volume and other CC changes not just in the Garritan Instruments.

I've found that I ride CC1 at all times which brings life to all the instruments. Live musicians rarely play at one volume.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I've found that I ride CC1 at all times which brings life to all the instruments. Live musicians rarely play at one volume.
    Exactly: the phrase typically used is "It's NOT a 'set and forget' controller!"

The idea is to *contour* the dynamics of the performance with the Mod Wheel. Also note that the velocity of notes control the attack (softness/hardness) of the articulation, rather than the volume.

It's a very powerful control arrangement: it just takes a bit of getting used to, but the benefits are enormous.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Go Back to forum