• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 2 offer

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 offer

I'm wondering what people are thinking about the NI Anniversary crossgrade offer of Kontakt 2 and a bunch of libraries for $269 (for GPO and other NI sampler users). The libraries are certainly a good deal.

1. How useful would it the sampler be?

2. Would it be possible at some point to use it as a single interface for the various GPO libraries?

Re: Kontakt 2 offer

Quote Originally Posted by danveach
    I'm wondering what people are thinking about the NI Anniversary crossgrade offer of Kontakt 2 and a bunch of libraries for $269 (for GPO and other NI sampler users). The libraries are certainly a good deal.

2. Would it be possible at some point to use it as a single interface for the various GPO libraries?
    To completely avoid your two questions... I've seen others post links to Kontakt 2 crossgrade offers for even less (all the way down to ~$190 if memory serves me correctly).

Check out this thread: http://northernsounds.com/forum/show...ferrerid=12362

Quote Originally Posted by danveach

1. Very. Kontakts script engine is extremely powerful.

2. Yes. You can do this already. Nothing to wait for.

could someone answer in VERY simple english, what exactly Kontact 2 is?
    I've received the offers as well, but their website might as well have been in Greek... I'd have understood just as much.

what exactly does Kontact 2 do? (please use no acronyms in your explanation: DAW, VSTi, etc... alll greek to me)

would Kontact 2 be useful for someone using a notation programme like Finale?

what advantages would there be to having Kontact 2?
    what disadvantages if any?

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    could someone answer in VERY simple english, what exactly Kontact 2 is?
    I've received the offers as well, but their website might as well have been in Greek... I'd have understood just as much.

what exactly does Kontact 2 do? (please use no acronyms in your explanation: DAW, VSTi, etc... alll greek to me)

would Kontact 2 be useful for someone using a notation programme like Finale?

what advantages would there be to having Kontact 2?
    what disadvantages if any?
    Kontakt 2 is a sampler. It allows you to manipulate existing samples, create new samples, etc. For example, you can use its scripting to add vibrato controllers to samples that do not have it.

If you are content with the sounds "as is" from Garritan and other libraries, then I would think it would be relatively useless to purchase.

While my sample libraries don't provide me with everything I want, the amount of time that I would need to devote to produce new useful samples or effects would be quite great. For this reason, I find it would not be beneficial for me. I'd rather devote my time to writing music, and leave the sampling work to Team Garritan and other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    Kontakt 2 is a sampler. It allows you to manipulate existing samples, create new samples, etc. For example, you can use its scripting to add vibrato controllers to samples that do not have it.

If you are content with the sounds "as is" from Garritan and other libraries, then I would think it would be relatively useless to purchase.

While my sample libraries don't provide me with everything I want, the amount of time that I would need to devote to produce new useful samples or effects would be quite great. For this reason, I find it would not be beneficial for me. I'd rather devote my time to writing music, and leave the sampling work to Team Garritan and other companies.
    I don't quite agree with this. While everything you said about sample manipulation is true, the Kontakt 2 sampler also comes with it's own sample library of VSL sounds, and the ability to load instruments like the Garritan Stradivari into it. So you would have additional uses for it beyond the sample editing and scripting.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    ... alll greek to me)
    Ti kavete; (Pronounced Tee Cah net tay)

For those that don't understand greek, I believe it says "How are you?"

By the way, fix your spelling of "all".

Is it possible to load GPO, JABB, and the upcoming Marching Band Libraries all into Kontakt 2 simultaneously?
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    I don't quite agree with this. While everything you said about sample manipulation is true, the Kontakt 2 sampler also comes with it's own sample library of VSL sounds, and the ability to load instruments like the Garritan Stradivari into it. So you would have additional uses for it beyond the sample editing and scripting.

JT
    That's true; I should have mentioned that. In fact, at present time, the Stradivari cannot be used without owning the full version of Kontakt 2. (According to sources at Garritan, a Kontakt 2 player version will be released at some point).

There is a fairly large collection of samples that comes with Kontakt 2 as Jeff mentioned, including a small portion of the VSL family.

Dan,

I've grown with samplers, so I can only say that Kontakt is the king of all samplers. I can do everything with it, and I prefer it to any other soft-sampler I own, due to its high sound quality.

It can read various other libraries, but GPO comes with several special programming, that will not be automatically replicated in Kontakt. There is no problem, however, in running GPO (Kontakt Player) next to Kontakt 2.

Paolo

I recommend getting it.
    It has some beautiful sounds in it, and does allow magnificient abilities to edit things in a pretty simple way.

I wanted it for the Garritan Strad and Gofriller solo libraries,
    Dan

Go Back to forum