• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need Help!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Need Help!!!!

hey guyz,
    i'm using Dynaudio Accoustics BM-15a's n Layla 3G.....well both the products offer an option,wether to run them at -10(domestic use)or +4(proffesional use)...i'm working in a small room app.12*14*13...wut does this means n as my monitoring conditions r not ideal so wut shud i do?????thnx in anticipation....see ya

Re: Need Help!!!!

Hey noiselab,

My M Audio manual says this about the settings: VARIABLE SIGNAL LEVELS : The software switches in this section allow the user to match individual input levels and global (as in 'all' or 'across the board') output levels to the operating signal levels of the external audio equipment. Three level selections are available: +4dBu, 'Consumer," and -10dBV. The '+4dBu' setting is the least 'sensitive' of the three settings, and '-10dBV' the most sensitive. Therefore, the '4dBu' setting has the most headroom and can accept the hottest signals of the three settings.

Consult the user guide of your external audio equipment regarding your equipment's line level. If for instance your audio equipment is consumer or semi-pro, and you find that its input level is a little too hot for the Delta 66's (sound card) '-10BV' setting, try switching to the 'consumer' setting. Conversely, if your -10dBV' gear is receiving a signal from the Delta 66 that is too hot, try switching the Delta 66's output levels from ' Consumer' to the '-10dBV' setting.

Don't know if this helps, but hope it does,

jamiha

Hey noiselab

Here is something on monitors:
    My Precision 8 user guide has this ;

Input Sensitivity - This control is used to compensate for different signal levels that appear at the input. The control has a 20dB range; when set at maximun, 1.1RMS input at the balanced ins will produce full amplifier output. Note that when the signal appearing at the input is too hot, the amplifiers may overload, causing distortion. If this occurs, attenuate (decrease) the Input Sensitivity by turning the control counter-clockwise.

High Frequency Trim Conrol. This control can be used to tailor the high frequency response of the system to your room, Turn the control clockwise to increase the high frequency response; counter-clockwise to decrease it. The center detent indicates the control's "flat" position.

Low Frequency Trim Control - same instruction as above.

I don't pretend to understand or be expert on any computer stuff. What the above means to me is, that I use the flat frequency trim positions to monitor my composition work. I'm, currently getting distortion and crackling that no one has been able to solve yet, so I have the Input Sensitivity at -18dB.

Maybe all this will help you understand what your controls are and give you a clue about how you might try finding the settings that fit your room and ear.

best of luck,
    jamiha

thnxxxx alott

hey jamiha,

thnx for ur precious suggessions...it really helped me alot....now i'm running my audio card n my monitors at -10....now it does'nt get too boomy ndistorted

thnxxxx alott

hey jamiha,
    it really helped me man....now em running both ma sound card n monitors on -10....its not getting too boomy n distorted now...god bless ya

Glad to help.

jamiha

Go Back to forum