• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trouble: Garritan Kontakt Player runs, but with Cakewalk Sonar 5 I can't

Share/Bookmark

Trouble: Garritan Kontakt Player runs, but with Cakewalk Sonar 5 I can't

First of all sorry my english. Apart from this I'm newbie so sorry for the inconvenience.

When I run Garritan Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player and I load samples I can play them with my keyboard or mouse, but I have followed the tutorial of GPO and Sonar 5 (http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/GPO-Sonar-Tutorial.htm) and I can't hear any sound from the GPO via the DXI Synth in Sonar.

I mean. I create a GPO DXI Synth in Sonar 5. The GPO Kontakt Player appears and I load an instrument but I can't hear anything when I click on the keys of the player (the green vu-meter of the GPO Kontakt Player have no activity while if I load the GPO Kontakt Player without Sonar everything goes well).

Any help?

Regards,
    Juan Carlos

Re: Trouble: Garritan Kontakt Player runs, but with Cakewalk Sonar 5 I can't

Quote Originally Posted by jcjimenez
    First of all sorry my english. Apart from this I'm newbie so sorry for the inconvenience.

When I run Garritan Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player and I load samples I can play them with my keyboard or mouse, but I have followed the tutorial of GPO and Sonar 5 (http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/GPO-Sonar-Tutorial.htm) and I can't hear any sound from the GPO via the DXI Synth in Sonar.

I mean. I create a GPO DXI Synth in Sonar 5. The GPO Kontakt Player appears and I load an instrument but I can't hear anything when I click on the keys of the player (the green vu-meter of the GPO Kontakt Player have no activity while if I load the GPO Kontakt Player without Sonar everything goes well).

Any help?

Regards,
    Juan Carlos
    Well, it appears that you may have overlooked something in the tutorial or manual. I would suggest that you first try with the GPO Steinway, and if that works, read up on CC#1, which is essential to nearly all the sampled instruments.

Also, be sure to check your sound card and all audio settings. It would be better to use VSt instead of DXi because of an occasional tempo problem with the DXi version.

You must somehow create CC#1 values for all voices except percussion, piano, and organ. Otherwise, silence is the most likely output. There are mapping programs available to map velocity to CC#1, but I have lately realized that the best way (for me, at least), is to draw in the CC#1 values. The advantage of drawing in the values is that you can cause a trumpet, for example, to start a note at FF and end it at pp.

Richard

Go Back to forum