• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Finale 2007 (MAC)

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2007 (MAC)

Hi
    Just updated my Finale to 2007 and GPO and JABB have vanished as playback engines in the setup wizard. Any tips to get them back?

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Re: Finale 2007 (MAC)

I had the same problem and I'm using the Windows version. I copied these files from the 2006 FinaleVST folder:

For GPO:
    PersonalOrchestraVST.dll
    gpofullinstrument.txt

For JABB:
    Garritan JazzVST.dll
    GarritanJazzinstrument.txt

and placed them in their rspective 2007 folder.
    It's possible that it is a similar procedure for the Mac.
    Serge

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    Hi
    Just updated my Finale to 2007 and GPO and JABB have vanished as playback engines in the setup wizard. Any tips to get them back?

Paul
    Paul,

See here.

Thanks for the link, Thad.
    Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Additional info:
    Although not completely obvious, the Finale 2007 (MAC) DVD contains a GPO install that does put GPO in the setup wizard. Tom, or others, if you read this, how do I get JABB into the setup wizard as well?

Thanks
    Paul

Additional info:
    Although not completely obvious, the Finale 2007 (MAC) DVD contains a GPO install that does put GPO in the setup wizard. Tom, or others, if you read this, how do I get JABB into the setup wizard as well?

Thanks
    Paul
    Paul,

I haven't received my copy yet so I can't test this, but you should be able to just copy the "GarritanJazzInstrument.txt" file from the "FinaleAU" folder in your Fin2006 folder to the "FinaleAU" folder in your Fin2007 folder. (Remember to hold down "option" when copying, so you end up with a copy of the file in both locations.)

Thank you Thad
    That worked perfectly. Now in the Finale 2007 folder (AU) I have:
    gpo2instrument.txt

In the 2006d folder I have:

gpoinstrument.txt
    gpofullinstrument.txt

QUESTION: Should I copy the gpofullinstrument.txt as well? I think the gpo2instrument.txt file might be the Finale notation version. This isn't as clear as it should be for those of us upgrading....mmmmmm

Anyway...I appreciate your help.

Paul

Thank you Thad
    That worked perfectly. Now in the Finale 2007 folder (AU) I have:
    gpo2instrument.txt

In the 2006d folder I have:

gpoinstrument.txt
    gpofullinstrument.txt

QUESTION: Should I copy the gpofullinstrument.txt as well?
    Yes. The other one ("gpoinstrument.txt") you can leave behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad
    Yes. The other one ("gpoinstrument.txt") you can leave behind.
    Unless you want to open a F06 file, that uses Finale GPO (this will invoke the old KP1) and subsequently add staves to it using the wizard, in which case you will need "gpoinstrument.txt", if you for some reason want the new staves to also use KP1 (they could of course instead use KP2).

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Unless you want to open a F06 file, that uses Finale GPO (this will invoke the old KP1) and subsequently add staves to it using the wizard, in which case you will need "gpoinstrument.txt", if you for some reason want the new staves to also use KP1 (they could of course instead use KP2).
    I think I understand this situation, but why would I not just open my F06 files in F07 (and save as F07 files). Are you saying that the GPO settings for the older files will be gone and I'll have to reload GPO instruments from scratch for these files? I have't tried this yet and can easily try it out, but what are the issues with this?
    Thanks
    Paul

Go Back to forum