• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The benefits of GVI for Giga 3 owners?

Share/Bookmark

The benefits of GVI for Giga 3 owners?

I understand that GVI is an exciting turn for people here but....WHY?

Maybe it's because I haven't actually delved into mine yet. I have a Cubase SX3/Giga 3 Orch. computer that was built for me by Scott at ADK Pro Audio sitting in the other room waiting for me to get my studio up and running.

Will it make it easier for me to run in conjunction with SX3 on the same computer?

Thanks in advance for any insights!
    conga

Re: The benefits of GVI for Giga 3 owners?

As a plug-in, you'll be able to save the state of GVI in your Cubase project. With Giga on a separate machine, you would have to save the Giga project, copy it to your Cubase machine, and archive that. Not to mention no wires needed to connect a plug-in.

- G

For me the main advantage other that the one mentioned before me, is to be abale to us is with FX-teleport on an other Pc. Asuming it works.

FX-Teleport is a land solution that turns your Pc farm into 1 big Pc sort of.
    FX-T enables you to open VSTi from your host on an other Pc, and you can save ect..every thing with your sesion. All this true land. Here is the link in case you're interested. http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/

The one advantage of GVI that outweighs all others is having access to around 2.85GB RAM as opposed 1.1GB.

D

Thanks for the responses....I was hoping that it would help with using Giga and Cubase on one machine which I guess it does if it helps to be able access more ram!

Is there anything being given up by using GVI???

conga

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    The one advantage of GVI that outweighs all others is having access to around 2.85GB RAM as opposed 1.1GB.

D
    Wow! I agree, but are you talking Pc or mac? And how much ram will i be able to use with my 2.5 GB ram Pc? Any idea?

Thanks for any info you have.

D
    Daryl,

Where did you get that figure? I'm aware of the ceiling with GS3, but the 2.85?? Also, I second geronimo's query: You talking PC or Mac?

Thanks,
    Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    Wow! I agree, but are you talking Pc or mac? And how much ram will i be able to use with my 2.5 GB ram Pc? Any idea?

Thanks for any info you have.
    I'm talking about using Windows XP; PC or Mac is a moot point these days.

With your 2.5GBPC you should be able to load around 2GB samples, depending on what other cr*p you have loaded at any one time. However, do be aware that you will need to be using the /3Gig switch.

D

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Daryl,

Where did you get that figure? I'm aware of the ceiling with GS3, but the 2.85?? Also, I second geronimo's query: You talking PC or Mac?

Thanks,
    Belbin
    I use mainly Vienna VI and I load about 2.85 GB in my 4Gb machine and 2.65 in the 3Gb ones. If you want to know more visit the VSL forum and look at the PC memory thread. Really boring........

D

I'm talking about using Windows XP; PC or Mac is a moot point these days.

With your 2.5GBPC you should be able to load around 2GB samples, depending on what other cr*p you have loaded at any one time. However, do be aware that you will need to be using the /3Gig switch.

D
    Thank you Daryl, that's great!!!

Go Back to forum