• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Andy Brick's HUNGARIAN OVERTURE - Orchestral Video Mock-up by DPDan

Share/Bookmark

Andy Brick's HUNGARIAN OVERTURE - Orchestral Video Mock-up by DPDan

Andy Brick's HUNGARIAN OVERTURE

Andy Brick has written an acclaimed and captivating work called "Hungarian Overture". It is one of my favorite works. The Hungarian Overture was performed with the Moravian Philharmonic during the GPO Competition Concert in the Czech Republic last year with Petr Pololonik conducting. A video of that performance was made.

DPDan took the video and worked his magic. With no audio to go by, and working with the score and the Digital Performer file, Dan did a mock-up of the Hungarian Overture and synced it to the video of the live performance.
    Click on Play Button below to Play the Video

Here is a link to the Quicktime Movie: (It's a 21 MB file and worth seeing): Hungarian Overture by Andy Brick - Quicktime file

Here is a link to the Windows Media video: (It's a 18 MB file): Hungarian Overture by Andy Brick - Windows Media File
    It was so enjoyable hearing Andy's piece performed live. Petr did a fine job conducting and Dan did an amazing job capturing the performance and giving the feeling you back at a live performance.

Andy is a prolific and gifted composer and orchestrator. He was scored animations for Disney, the popluar SIMS video games, Merregnon and various films and interactive games. Andy is currently working on some high-profile projects (which we'll hear about when released). Andy was recently featured on the CBS Evening News and by Symphony.org. Andy Brick is also a Professor of Orchestration at Stevens Institute of Technology and he is an instructor for the online Interactive Principles of Orchestration course here on the forum. Andy's website is at: www.andybrick.com.

Thanks Andy for sharing this incredible composition and thank you Dan for doing this unique realization and synchronization. And thanks David Sosnowski (etLux) for being gracious enough to convert the Quicktime version.

Please take some time to experience what Andy and DPDan have done.
    Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: Andy Brick's HUNGARIAN OVERTURE - Orchestral Video Mock-up by DPDan

Thats some great writing by Andy and amazing work by Dan. I love the ending where it is flute then cello and back to flute, and such perfection of the sync.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Andy Brick has written an acclaimed and captivating work called "Hungarian Overture". It is one of my favorite works.

Gary Garritan
    You folks are amazing! Andy for writing it, Dan for doing the mockup, and Gary & Co. for making it technically possible. Keep up the great work!

Keith Walls

Andy, Superb writing!!! WOW. I am so humbled and inspired by this. I cannot put into words how amazed I am at your writing!! This music is just right up my alley, stylistically.

Dan, how many hats do I have to take off before you stop doing all this extremely awesome work??

Thank you all for making this available. Just amazing work all around.

Jerry Wickham

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

This is awesome!

This is making me want to hurry up.
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

It's magic! And one of my favorite pieces, as well.

Dan, you never cease to amaze!

Bravo, both!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks folks again!!!

Dan

I just inserted an embedded player in the first post. Give it a try.

Gary

The embedded player is working great here, Gary!

WOW! Andy! Dan! With your powers combined, this is just dandy! Seriously, this is amazing! I love your composition, Andy, your orchestration is brilliant, wonderfully colorful! And it's easy to imagine the audio being a real orchestra playing... astounding Dan! Bravo!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Andy:

An awesome piece of music and so well orchestrated.

Dan:

All I can say is that this production is a tribute to your audio engineering and video skills. You are so talented and have so many areas of expertise, it's hard to imagine one person with "everything."

BRAVO to both of you for this collaboration......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum