After nearly 11 months of work I am nearing the end of my first orchestration pass of my "Valse traqigue" (now only a few more passes, then proof-reading, score-preparation, ...). The little sucker developed into a 11-minute orchestral tour de force in 3/4-time. Since that is nearing completion, I started pondering about which samples to use in rendering the whole thing in Cubase.
Here comes the problem: The thing requires a bunch of playing techniques like string harmonics, octave and multi-octave string glissandos, etc...
I got everything else more or less covered but don't have any samples for these techniques. Now I would like to get some help from my favorite forum community:
* Do you know a cheap (!!) way to get hold of the abovementioned string samples? Any library?
* Do you know a library that features controllable multi-octave glissandos? It annoys me to no end that NOBODY came up with a way to create that, yet... Tom Hopkins, your genius is needed to invent this!
* Do you know if GPOA will feature at least the harmonics, so I can try to wait one or two years until it comes out?
* Do you know if GPOA will have controllable string glissandos?
* Additionally that piece requires the use of various mutes for the brass insturments. Do you know if GPOA features those, or will I just have to improvise and use the JABB-muted instruments?
Thanks in advance for your input, guys! All the best..