• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Gold)

Share/Bookmark

EWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Gold)

Hi,

I just bought EWQL Symphonic Orchestra - Gold Edition yesterday, and it got here today. Now, I'm very familiar with Cakewalk SONAR from using Garritan Personal Orchestra. (I'm sorry, EWQL obliterates Garritan in every way, shape, and form.)

Well, EWQLSO runs perfectly when I'm composing and playing back in SONAR, but whenever I try to render a WAV, MP3, WMA, you name it, the instruments drop out like mad. It's like the polyphony is set to 16, though I know it's at 248. This is only when I try making an audio file, though. Otherwise, it runs great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: EWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Gold)

EWQLSO sounds like crap IMHO. Good brass and percussion but evrything else sux.

Anyway, what will solve your problem is that when you're mixing down your audio, turn "Fast Bounce" off - you'll see a check box for it when the dialog comes up presenting your options for mixing down. By default, it's checked....uncheck it and it'll solve your problems.
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Now, boys...GPO and Gold are both good.

You need to uncheck "fast bounce" any time you're using a sampler with disk streaming active, otherwise the sampler can't keep up. "Fast bounce" is safe if you're using a synthesizer or soft synth.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I'm sorry, EWQL obliterates Garritan in every way, shape, and form
    EWQLSO sounds like crap IMHO. Good brass and percussion but evrything else sux.
    OH GOD....not THAT again

lol I'm sorry, didn't mean to start one of those PC vs. Mac type of fights. :P Didn't know there was one concerning EWQLSO and GPO yet. I'm just disappointed with Garritan's lackluster brass, that's all. GPO seems to be made for slower, more emotional music, whereas EWQLSO has fantastic power abilities, especially the low brass.

Thank you all very much, I really appreciate the solution. ^_^

Oh no.. not again!

There are now many great orchestral libraries to choose from (and more coming). The more colors available the better for the artist. It is knowledge and how you use the tools that's important. Let's all get along and make some music!

And no offense meant to you, Mr. Garritan. If indeed you're Gary Garritan, lol. But I still use Garritan French Horns and such now and then, because their samples are just fantastic.

...What...in the world....is that noise in the Contrabass FXs that sounds like somebody's hitting it with a tennis racket? I always loved that sound, but never knew what it was called, or how to notate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanhithion
    And no offense meant to you, Mr. Garritan. If indeed you're Gary Garritan, lol. But I still use Garritan French Horns and such now and then, because their samples are just fantastic.

...What...in the world....is that noise in the Contrabass FXs that sounds like somebody's hitting it with a tennis racket? I always loved that sound, but never knew what it was called, or how to notate it.
    No offense taken. Am I the real Mr. Garritan? I often wonder or perhaps merely a clone of my former self. . The FX you are referring to may be col legno. It's an FX that only tennis playing bassists can perform.

Gary Garritan (the clone)

It does my heart good to see that GPO is the Starship Enterprise in your video game Also notice that GPO NEVER fires at VSL

Peace

rikp

Because Scotty's screwed something up again.

Another question: How the heck does one draw envelopes to make crescendos/dimenuendos with EWQLSO in Sonar? It works nothing like Garritan. o_o

Go Back to forum