Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new to posting on these forums, though I've been lurking for a while. (I posted in the hardware section, but no one seems to have a reply in them. So I pose the question to ye who are such users of hardware that I'm trying to build/buy.)

Essentially I've been saving some money up and I'm fortunate enough to have the opportunity to build a computer whose sole purpose will be to run Kontakt 2 and EWQLSO Platinum w/ Pro XP. I will be running sequencing and recording software on a separate computer. Basically, I'd like to treat this new machine as I would any of my other Romplers.

But I'm not sure about my choices because I don't really have a lot of resources (monitarily speaking) available to me and I can't really afford any serious mistakes. So I need to be sure that what I'm doing along these lines are going to work.

Personally, I'm very fond of polyphony. I like large orchestral compositions, it's the reason I'm going with EWQLSO Platinum + Pro XP. All those little articulations are important for me, so I'm definitely trying to get an idea of what I can expect depending on my hypothetical comp configuration. So any advice or experiential admissions would be wonderful.

This is the computer that I've been looking at:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (AM2)

Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G

Corsair XMS2 2GB Kit

System HD:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7

Samples HD:
WD Raptor 150GB

Audio Card:
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI

I don't have any experience with what kind of polyphony these kinds of specs might bring about, or what I should be pushing or tweaking as far as the general setup goes.

Any advice you guys/girls might have would be lovely. I've been stressing out about this for a while, trying to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm not used to spending this kind of money.

Again, the comps sole purpose would be to run EWQLSO Platinum + Pro XP