• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KHSO Emerald in EXS24 Pre-Release Sale NOW

Share/Bookmark

KHSO Emerald in EXS24 Pre-Release Sale NOW

Get Khso Emerald for EXS24 at the pre-release price now ($275.00) and save $50.00.

I am very excited with developing the EXS version of Khso Emerald! All you Logic users can now get an affordable big orchestra without having to buy a sampler! (Thanks for pushing me, Jay Asher!)

At the time of posting here, Khso Ruby is still in development. While Khso Ruby will most likely be available only for Kontakt 2, I wanted to make portions of it available in Khso Emerald for EXS. This includes a lot of new samples and more velocity layers. This means that the EXS version will actually be bigger in size than the Kontakt 2 or Giga versions of Khso Emerald currently shipping. I'm projecting a first release date of approx. Sept. 15. There will be a lot of instruments in the package, and more to come. I will always provide FREE downloadable .exs files at www.kirkhunterstudios.com as well.

Read more at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/KhsoEmEXS.html

Re: KHSO Emerald in EXS24 Pre-Release Sale NOW

Please those of you who expressed an interest in this library, I hope you will come to the table.

I teach Logic Pro at UCLA Extension and when I am asked why choose Logic over DP or Cubase, both great apps, I always say "because if you own nothing else Logic is the one that comes most complete with all that you need to make great sounding music."

And I really do believe this to be so but the one area lacking was a decent orchestra library for the EXS24 as the samples that come with it are mediocre. Now for a very affordable price, less or no more than a orchestra set using a less cpu efficient standalone player (no offense meant to Gary and the others) they will be able to have a very complete great sounding library played through a great sounding sampler that is very well integrated into Logic.

I nagged the living daylights out of Kirk since NAMM to get him to do this and he has exceeded my expectations. I really hope it is a success.

So, Logic Nation, spread the word!
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Very cool! Thanks for doing this!

I'm a little confused what to do if I already own the Giga and Kontakt versions. Do I buy the crossgrade for $160 or is there a free instruments download I use instead? The instruments download link doesn't lead to anything I recognize.

I assume the instruments download is the converted (from Giga?) files I'd get if I did the conversion myself . . . if that would even be possible?

- Mike Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greene
    Very cool! Thanks for doing this!

I'm a little confused what to do if I already own the Giga and Kontakt versions. Do I buy the crossgrade for $160 or is there a free instruments download I use instead? The instruments download link doesn't lead to anything I recognize.

I assume the instruments download is the converted (from Giga?) files I'd get if I did the conversion myself . . . if that would even be possible?

- Mike Greene
    Hello Mike.

The exs version is a complete rebuild whose instruments (.exs files) will not access the samples from any Giga version. Originally, I was going to create .exs files for those who already had the samples. However, a lot of the samples in the giga version, and even the k2 version have the same names that would really confuse EXS. So it became evident that a complete build from the ground up was necessary. That meant that a lot of the sample names had to be changed as well. You can see then why there would be a big trainwreck trying to simply provide downloadable .exs files.

So that is also why the crossgrade price. Also, you should realize that the exs version will have samples in it that are not present in the currently-shipping versions of Emerald.

Thanks!
    Kirk

Cool. Placed the order.

- Mike Greene

I wish I had the money, but with school getting back in session I'll have to hold off. BTW, do you offer any type of educational discount?

Best of luck, and thank you for remembering the EXS crowd. We are the "cool kids" after all

The impending release of Redmatica's Keymap will make the EXS24 very powerful and flexible so this is a real boon for Logic/EXS24 users. I am not aware of any orchestral library for the EXS24 that comes even close to Emerald under $650.

While Kontakt is a powerful sampler it is nowhere near as cpu efficient as the EXS24 and I and some others believe that it sounds better than Kontakt when the same samples are played through it.

Personally I am not big on sample libraries that are dependant on their own sample player as who knows what the future holds and I like to have the option of converting my libaries. I still use a lot of Akai and Emu samples I converted to the EXS24.

Show Kirk some love guys.

www.jayasher.com

Quick question,

I am an avid user of Logic and I was considering purchasing Kontakt 2 and Emerald. Now, it is being released for the EXS-24 do I still need to make this purchase or is the EXS-24 a comparable version? Is buying Kontakt 2 and Emerald still a better way to go as far as getting the most out of the instruments? Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by jpjohn1980
    Quick question,

I am an avid user of Logic and I was considering purchasing Kontakt 2 and Emerald. Now, it is being released for the EXS-24 do I still need to make this purchase or is the EXS-24 a comparable version? Is buying Kontakt 2 and Emerald still a better way to go as far as getting the most out of the instruments? Thanks alot!
    Emerald in exs24 is definitely comparable. Sample-wise, there is even a bit more. The only thing that I did not do in the exs version that is done in K2 is the legatoLive scripts. (Yes, we have figured out an "alternates" or "round robin" that gets rid of the "machine gun" effect when playing fast repeated notes in EXS!)

If I had to choose between the exs format or the k2 format, it would depend on a few conditions.

1. Reason to get the exs version only:
    If I found that running large loads in k2 sometimes caused cpu or disk stream issues, and I did not plan to soon upgrade my computer.

2. Reason to get the k2 version only:
    If I could currently run as many instruments as I needed with success in k2, and would also like to later upgrade to Ruby.

3. Reasons to get both k2 and exs versions:
    If I only needed the legatoLive feature in a few instruments, and did not require this feature in most of the other instruments. Therefore, I'd choose to load only the legatoLive instruments in K2 and load the others in exs. This is how I personally do my sequence.

I hope that sheds a little light on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjohn1980
    Quick question,

I will tell you this for sure. Unless you have a very powerful computer with lots of ram you are overall definitely better off with the EXS24. And when Redmatica finally releases Keymap the functionailty of the EXS24 will be much more competitive with Kontakt.

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum