• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is anybody using the HammerFall Light SoundCard

Share/Bookmark

Is anybody using the HammerFall Light SoundCard

Hi List this is my first letter on this forum.I am going to buy the Gigastudio 160 and I have been doing some research on it and I had a friend that recommended me to the Hammerfall Light Sound card. I will be using it to connect to the PC That I have not bought yet,to interface with the 2408 that is connected to my MAC that runs Digital Performer. So the Adat connections are a real plus.So does anyone have any experence with this card. I was told to stay away from the Sound Blaster cards.
    Thanks For Your Help
    Tim Sidden

Re: Is anybody using the HammerFall Light SoundCard

I have a Hammerfall 9652 with the lightpipe connections and it works great. The driver can be a little flaky sometimes but the sound quality is awesome.

Donnie

Re: Is anybody using the HammerFall Light SoundCard

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    I have a Hammerfall 9652 with the lightpipe connections and it works great. The driver can be a little flaky sometimes but the sound quality is awesome.

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Donnie, if you don\'t mind, could you define \"flaky\". The reason I\'m asking is because I just purchased a Nuendo 9652 soundcard (same as RME - driver vers. 2.56)and I have Gigasampler vers 1.62. Sometimes, when I have different instruments loaded in GS on different midi channels, even though I have configured adat outputs 1-8 and assigned midi channels 1 to 1,2 / 2 to 3,4 / 3 to 5,6 and so on. Still, GS wants to play these out of 1,2 only. Every now and then after I hit \"apply\" and/or \"OK\" when closing the output config. window in GS the problem will be corrected. But usually when I open GS the problem is back. By the way, I have a AMD 1.2 gig proc. 512mb ram with IBM 40gig Audio drive. Nuendo/RME 9652 soundcard being wordclocked at 48khz by an Aardsync and I\'m using the first adat lightpipe-out which is feeding into Pro-Tools. Any comments or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Go Back to forum