• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Bass Trombone

Share/Bookmark

GPO Bass Trombone

Gary,

Why is it that the GPO bass trombone only plays up to the G at the top of the bass clef? Every souce I have seen says that the bass trombone is capable of playing a good bit higher than that - what led to the decision to stop the GPO Bass Trombone so quickly? It is quite annoying as I have a piece where I want the bass trombone on the A one step above where GPO cuts out!?!?!? Grrrr...

Re: GPO Bass Trombone

You are thinking of Bass Trombone Solo 1. Take a look at Bass Trombone Solo 2 and Bass Trombone Solo 2 ag.

I know I am not Gary, I am just trying to postpone the inevitable...sleep.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Thanks. I had never tried the Bass Trombone 2. I assumed like all the other instruments, that the #1 was the best and that the ranges would match. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    Thanks. I had never tried the Bass Trombone 2. I assumed like all the other instruments, that the #1 was the best and that the ranges would match. Problem solved.
    Problem not quite solved -- the tone of Bass Trombone 2 is quite a bit more... shall we say, aggressive than Bass Trombone 1. That instrument's range badly needs fixing.

Go Back to forum