• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: new Garritan Gofriller Solo Cello demo

Share/Bookmark

new Garritan Gofriller Solo Cello demo

This is the second half of the second movement of...
    Clara Schumann's Piano Concerto in A Minor

I would like to thank Giorgio for such an amazingly expressive solo instrument! Gary Garritan's work with Giorgio Tommasini and the "Sonic Morphing" technology is superb!

I would also like to thank Jerry Wickham for creating the basic piano midi track. HOLY COW he did this in a few hours with finale. I say it was a basic midi file of the piano score because all I needed was the notes.
    He emailed me the midi file, then I imported it into Digital Performer 5.1 and created a tempo track that would allow me to input the roboto to match the cello track that I had already created, as well as editing the notes and chords to sound as though it were played by a human.
    I needed this piano midi file quick, and Jerry came through like a bandit! THANK YOU JERRY!

Finally, I want to thank Gary Garritan and his wife Marianne for the kindness they have shown me and all of us here on Northern Sounds.
    I used the Garritan Jazz & Big Band Steinway Grand Piano for this demo,
    and one instance of Altiverb 5 reverb.
    Enjoy!
    dpDan

Re: new Garritan Gofriller Solo Cello demo

Fantastic! A little sounds metalic but it is very difficult to distinguish it from concert performances.

I wish Strad and Gofriller are easy to use. I am now planning a *classical* piano trio and it can be performed if violin and violloncello are available on my desktop...
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Magnificently expressive, Dan, and a superb interpretation
    of the Clara, I must say.

That 'cello just ripped my heart out... wow!

BRAVO! and BRAVO again!

With admiration,

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

thank you guys,
    I just received this beta version a little over a week ago, and I am trying it out, and have just begun to learn it too

I am so impressed with the expressiveness that this cello has.
    This is awesome technology.

dpDan

Really cool"_"
    Robert Davis

Sound great Dan, very fine Cello work and it does sound very realistic, it's amazing.

David

dpDAN:

Marvelous-sounding Cello work here. I love the slides and also the deep, rich tone of the instrument in the lower register. Additionally, the nuances between the piano and cello are so well placed and carried out.

JUST AWESOME, DAN............

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

thanks everyone,
    Giorgio is still working with it,... he is passionate about this instrument.

Thank you Gary for the opportunity!
    Dan

Wow. If I turned on the radio in the middle of that clip I'm not sure that I would be able to tell that it wasn't real right away or even after just one hearing. Amazing stuff.

So when will you have the full Dvorak cello concerto ready for us to hear? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    So when will you have the full Dvorak cello concerto ready for us to hear? lol
    Thank you ALynn,
    Dvorak has a solo cello piece? hmmm....

Go Back to forum