• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: MUST SEE! ANIMATED SCORE: Andy Brick's Hungarian Overture - A Unique New Presentation

Share/Bookmark

MUST SEE! ANIMATED SCORE: Andy Brick's Hungarian Overture - A Unique New Presentation

MUST SEE! ANIMATED SCORE: Andy Brick's Hungarian Overture

A Unique Presentation of Score and Video!

Recently we posted a production by DPDan where he synced a GPO rendition to a video of a real orchestra performing Andy Brick's "Hungarian OVerture".

Recently we posted a production by DPDan where he synced a GPO rendition to a video of a real orchestra performing Andy Brick's "Hungarian OVerture".

Sean has taken the mp3 and synced it to the conductor's score, so that the music follows the score. Here is the animated score:

Click on Play Button below to Play from the Score

Because GPO is an orchestral library of individual instruments (rather than based on unison sections) GPO is able to play a variety of scores unlike other libraries. Divisi and individual linear instrument per staff is possible making this sort of presentation a natural. And its integration with popular notation programs also makes these types of presentations possible. To see more ionteractive scores done this way (upwards of 275 of them) refer to the Free Online "Principles of Orchestration" course here on the forum.

Here is the Video of the Orchestral sync for those that missed it:

Thanks DPDan for the excellent rendition of Andy's celebrated work. Please take some time to see what Sean, Andy and DPDan have done. Thanks Sean for the many hours of work to do make this visual treat.

We'll try to do another resized version to better see the score. Now the trick is to combine the orchestral performance with the score.

Do you find these types of demos helpful? If so we can do more demos this way.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

About Andy Brick:

Andy is a prolific and gifted composer and orchestrator. He was scored animations for Disney, the popluar SIMS video games, Merregnon and various films and interactive games. Andy is currently working on some high-profile projects (which we'll hear about when released). Andy was recently featured on the CBS Evening News and by Symphony.org. Andy Brick is also a Professor of Orchestration at Stevens Institute of Technology and he is an instructor for the online Interactive Principles of Orchestration course here on the forum. Andy's website is at: www.andybrick.com.

Re: ANIMATED SCORE: Andy Brick's Hungarian Overture

Very, very nice. It visually helps connect the note to the sound.

WOW, Andy, DPDAN and Sean.......

This is marvelous and, YES, I would love to see more of this.

Mind-boggling technology we have here on this Forum.

Thanks Gary.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Oh wow!

I absolutely LOVED that. I saw the video before, and was amazed at Dan's rendering and synchronization skills. But to see the score at the same time was just sweet.

Andy, I am not worthy! I am not worthy!

Thanks for sharing this... how inspiring it is.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Hi Sean and Gary,

Thanks for posting the synchronized score with the playback. It's great to look and listen to a score done by Professor Andy Brick, who is a real master craftsman of orchestration.

Is there some way though, that we can possibly reduce the top part of the screen part with the company logo on it? It's just that you can't follow the whole score visually, but only half of it, by kind of moving the page up and down with the mouse. It would be great if this could possibly be fixed.

I must say that this type of posting of a score like this, is what makes this Garritan Forum unique. It gives us guys like myself, who are trying to learn orchestration skills, a chance to see how it is really done by someone professional like Andy.

Thank you again Gary and Sean for the work done in putting this together.
    Its Fantastic!

best,

Steve

Great stuff! Congratulations to all involved.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin
    Hi Sean and Gary,

Is there some way though, that we can possibly reduce the top part of the screen part with the company logo on it? It's just that you can't follow the whole score visually, but only half of it, by kind of moving the page up and down with the mouse. It would be great if this could possibly be fixed.
    Hi Steve,
    Try pressing F11. On my computer this gives a full screen view.

Sean, Andy, Gary et al:
    This is wonderful! Thanks so much for your time and effort.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin
    Hi Steve,
    It seems you are viewing the score from a frame from my website. Try a direct link to the post here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=47187

Gary

Great job on this! I love these players... watching
    a score while you listen adds a whole new dimension.

Applause, Sean, Gary -- and Andy!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum