• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to make full GPO work with Sibelius 4?

Share/Bookmark

How to make full GPO work with Sibelius 4?

I have the full version of GPO (not the Sibelius version). I've recently installed Sibelius 4 and I can't figure out how to get Sibelius to use GPO as an output device.

I'm on an intel-based Mac, OSX 10.4.7. The 'PersonalOrchestra' application runs and plays fine. I tried loading it first and then telling S4 to scan for new devices; no dice.

The Kontakt Player Gold that came with S4 runs fine. I tried disabling it first, but it made no difference.

Help?

Thanks,
    Gwydi

Re: How to make full GPO work with Sibelius 4?

First, open GPO Studio - it has to be open before Sibelius will recognize it.
    Second: Open Sibelius, and go to Playback Devices
    Third: You should see Eight GPO Studios as Devices - select the first one, and you are on your way.

One thought: spend the additional $49 for the crossgrade - you don't have to load GPO every time, and all your dynamics and articulations will playback automatically - no MIDI messages to insert. It's well worth it.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I tried that, but it doesn't work. GPO never shows up in Sibelius.

What is the crossgrade?

Thanks,
    Gwydi

OK, I googled and found (and purchased) the crossgrade. I didn't even realise that was available!

Now I'm stuck in the installation instructions. I up to copying the .nks files from the GPO installation to the Kontakt Player folder - the Mac won't let me copy the files to there. It simply does not enable the "paste" function.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
    Gwydi

When you get the crossgrade, you should get the instructions as to where to copy the files. I don't think they go in the Kontakt folder, though.

I'm sorry my earlier suggestion didn't work - it's been a while since I used Sibelius and GPO that way.

You should also post your question(s) on the Sibelius board - you'll find a lot of help there.

Ron

I have it installed now, the Mac had done something odd but when I restarted it, I was able to follow all the installation instructions fine.

Now, when I run Sibelius, I get an extra "GPO options" menu item on the Play menu

But, when I try playing a score, it's still using the sounds from Kontakt Gold and not GPO. How do I tell it to use the GPO sounds instead?

Thanks,
    Gwydi

You have the crossgrade installed? Then you have to choose the Soundset to one of the GPO options.

If you haven't installed the crossgrade, then I suspect you have to assign the instruments in the Mixer. Open it up (hit M), then click on the instrument name; you will probably see Kontakt Player in the menu just above - click there, and you'll see GPO as an option - choose that, and you should be on your way.

Check the Sibelius tutorial on the Garritan website - it's for Sib 3, but basically it's the same setup (not the crossgrade). There are also some pictures, which help

Ron

Go Back to forum