• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jeremy Soule and GPO

Share/Bookmark

Jeremy Soule and GPO

I was just surfing the net out of boredom and i found an article saying that Jeremy soule did a comercial for GPO. I did not know that. Well it looked like he was on a stone next to a lake/river/ocean and he had a midi keyboard and his laptop.

Was this just a poster or an actual commercial?

Thank you,
    Dean Milenkovic

Re: Jeremy Soule and GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Narator
    I was just surfing the net out of boredom and i found an article saying that Jeremy soule did a comercial for GPO. I did not know that. Well it looked like he was on a stone next to a lake/river/ocean and he had a midi keyboard and his laptop.

Was this just a poster or an actual commercial?

Thank you,
    Dean Milenkovic
    This was for an ad that appeared in Keyboard Magazine and Electronic Musician. Jeremy has used GPO and GOS in various productions. The ad showed Jeremy on the beach in Vancouver.

thanks Crispin and Derek!

Here's another picture of Jeremy:

So it is only a picture.

Nevertheless, the composition and just the location are stunning. I beliave that this draw a lot of potential buyers to GPO. After that,ofcourse, they got hooked to the sound and the interface.

Is it me or do i sense a Photoshop filter, or a dimming lens on a camera?

Or if it is like that up there in Vancouver, i am leaving Florida. I want some real nature. not the plastic Disney palms.

In conclusion, this is simply brilliant.

P.S. it is on my desktop now.
    by the way, Mr. Garritan, how did you spend your birthday?

So it is only a picture.

Nevertheless, the composition and just the location are stunning. I beliave that this draw a lot of potential buyers to GPO. After that,ofcourse, they got hooked to the sound and the interface.

Or if it is like that up there in Vancouver, i am leaving Florida. I want some real nature. not the plastic Disney palms.

The NW in general is quite stunning compared to florida. I have lived in both areas and I would prefer to go back to the NW any day
    Robert Davis

Post-graduate studies that I have been pursuing (and pursuing and pursuing and... ) have taken me down to the Jacksonville area repeatedly, and I have met some truly wonderful people there.

That said, the Pacific Northwest and Florida:

Pacific Northwest: lots and lots of gray drizzle in winter, little humidity, very few summer days over 90
    Florida: lots and lots of humidity and heat, but no endless gray drizzle during winter

Florida: hurricanes; Pacific Northwest: potential for volcanic eruptions.

The scenery in the Pacific Northwest is indeed wonderful (one of the things I miss most is no longer being able to physically see it much at all). Between the Olympic Peninsula, the Cascade range, the coasts of Oregon and Washington, the Columbia River gorge, central Oregon, not to mention the Canadian Rockies in British Columbia and Alberta, Vancouver Island, etc., etc., it is an area truly blessed with natural beauty. The Olympic Peninsula is a special place all its own - the one place in the world where a temperate rain forest exists. Forks, WA, in the heart of the peninsula (no, there is not another town named Knives or Spoons nearby ) receives annual rainfall of about 175 inches. Seattle rests in the rainshadow of the mountains of the Olympic peninsula so rainfall there is far, far less. Even the gray drizzle has its own beauty to it.

Yet, I have enjoyed my times in Florida (especially in January - sunshine, woohoo!!), the calm Atlantic had its own sense of beauty, and is so different from the turbulence of the Pacific I have grown up with (not to mention the Atlantic faces the wrong way, and the sun is supposed to set over an ocean, not rise over it ). Even with the crazyness of the study sessions things struck me as being more relaxed (and more friendly).

In thinking about things, before sight loss, I was fortunate to be able to travel to nearly 1/2 the states in the U.S. (especially the west, but also to the northeast and south), and much of western Canada. I cannot think of a single state or province that I have been in that was not beautiful in its own right. Is it possible as a result of growing cynicism, experiences of pain, hardship, loss, or for some other reason, we cease at some point being able to recognize beauty, and instead begin to see things merely as being marred and jaded (and things are indeed also marred, as well as being beautiful)?

Well, guess it is time to do something other than sit here, wistfully think about things, and write forum posts that meander dangerously off topic.

Jim

My copy of GPO came with a large rock, too. I'd been wondering
    what to do with it, as it wasn't mentioned in the documentation.

Thanks for the clarification.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Post Scriptum:
    I notice he can't afford shoes, either...

So it is only a picture.

No Photoshop filters or plastic Disney Palms . That's what it is like in Vancouver.

How did you spend your birthday you ask? Part of it was cruising around the islands on the ferry, having dinner with family and being on chat .
    Thanks for asking.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    My copy of GPO came with a large rock, too. I'd been wondering
    what to do with it, as it wasn't mentioned in the documentation.
    You did request the Garritan Rock Library when you ordered...didn't you

Go Back to forum