• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Piano Sonata in F (3)

Share/Bookmark

Piano Sonata in F (3)

Recently, I posted the first two movements of a Piano Sonata (in the style of Beethoven). I am including them again in case people who hear the third movement want to hear the first two.

This Piano Sonata was dedicated to Dan Kury in admiration of his unselfish stewardship in helping others achieve more realism in their electronic music endeavors. He has also inspired us with his remarkable musicianship in producing some of the most "realistic" orchestral mock-ups imaginable. Dan, your work is really awesome..........

http://www.cannonscores.com/PianoSonatainF(1).mp3 Allegro ma non troppo (Sonata-Allegro form)
    http://www.cannonscores.com/PianoSonatainF(2).mp3 Adagio, espressione (Second Rondo form)
    http://www.cannonscores.com/PianoSonatainF(3).mp3 Allegro (Third Rondo form)

Note: The JABB Jazz Steinway was used for the entire Sonata.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Piano Sonata in F (3)

That's nice, Mr. Jack! I thoroughly enjoyed all of your piano sonata. Ludie would be as proud of you as I am.

You have a fine compositional touch that I admire. Keep up the great work and post some more of your music when you can, please.

My best to you,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

One, two, three... and that rounds out a remarkable
    piece of writing, Jack; not solely in its excellence, but
    in the freshness, originality, and clarity of thought in it;
    the infusion of your own clear voice -- matters well
    beyond mere craft.

BRAVO!

I expect I will revisit this sonata across the years, with
    pleasure at its grace and beauty each time I do.

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Wonderful!

Not only is this a charming melody, the articulation/timing sounds true to a live performance!

Bravo!!

~Jeff

Larry:

Thanks for your generous remarks. "Ludie" would be proud of me only if I wrote this thing during his "hearing-challenged" years. Before that, he would have probably dismissed me without comment. LOL

Thanks also for your motivation, Larry. Satisfaction pay is almost better than money at certain times..........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Bravo Jack.
    That is a fine achievement.

I am curious about something.
    Did you write them in the order you presented them. ???

Wonderful invention, you have turned a technical exercise into a true work of art. I cannot recall exactly how many exercises like this I have heard, but its a lot.

Not one of them had this kind of brio, elan, depth.

I agree about the satisfaction pay. We all have to make a living to be sure. But money earned, is a very unsatisfactory measuring stick when it comes to music.

regards Joe

I absolutely love these Jack.
    I would totally believe someone if they told me that Beethoven wrote all three of these sonatas. Your words about me have high-jacked your own thread.

I appreciate your very genereous words, but I don't deserve the credit you have given me. There are reasons why I don't feel deserving. God has blessed me, but His grace is what drives me to help others, and if I have done that then GREAT! I love talking shop with you Jack, but it has been a two-way street learning all this technology. It is nice to have these tools to use.

What an honor Jack, I treasure these Sonata's.
    They are now on a CD.
    Thank you Jack!
    Your good friend,
    Dan

David:

You sure have a way with words--very complimentary and motivatingl. It would be my pleasure if you ever revisited my Sonata. I admire your compositional skill so very much that it is an honor to have you take the time to listen to my work. Thank you, again, for your kind appraisal and comments.

Jack

Jeff:

You made my day with your commentary about coming close to a "live" performance. I am new to audio and am trying to make everything I write sound as real as possible. It's a slow, adventurous process, but I keep trying every day of my life. Really.........

Joe:

You and David make me blush (but I sure appreciate your response to my musical endeavors).

Yes, I wrote them in the order presented. Since this was an academic project, my composition prof. had me do all movements in order. First, analyze Beethoven "first" movements, then write one; then, analyze Beethoven "second" movements and write one, and so on...........

"Brio, elan and depth.......WOW, that description is a powerful response. Thank you so much........

Again, thanking you both for listening and responding.

Jack

dpDAN:

Thanks for the kind words, Dan. It is gratifying to know that you are pleased with the music and it is mind-boggling to me that I can now share my music with others through this new medium of "computer audio" and sampled instruments.

Thanks again for your support.......

Jack

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast