• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to run gigstudio in 96 khz

Share/Bookmark

How to run gigstudio in 96 khz

Hello everyone

I recently bougt an Hoontech DSP 24 card. To get the min. latency, I was recomended to set the sample rate to 96 khz on the card. I also setted the sample rate in Cubase VST 5.0 to 96 khz in the ASIO control panel and I chose the DSP 24 driver as I should. So far so good. But when I try to run gigastudio in 96 khz, it wont play a sound at all. When I switch back to 44.1 khz. in gigastudio the piano ( or any other sound ) is transposed several octaves.)
    If I change the overall sample rate to 44.1 khz, I get a huge latency.
    Anyone got a clue what to do?

Re: How to run gigstudio in 96 khz

I\'ve had the same problem too. At the moment, the only bit-rate available is 16-bit. It\'s wierd \'cause in the drivers, you can select 96 khz, but you can\'t select 24-bit operation. The only thing I can suggest is whenever you record your GigaStudio performances, use the audio capture feature. There is a post on the forum at Hoontech\'s web site (www.hoontech.com) where I asked about this problem and Claus, one of the Hoontech guys who always visits the forum said that it takes a lot of CPU power to set GS up for 24/bit/96 khz use. He said that future driver updates should have this feature enabled.

Damian Smith,

I have the same problem, if I switch to 24 bit in GS, I can\'t hear any sound, so I have to use 16 bit. However, even at 16 bit, I can\'t use 96 Khz setting. If I choose 96 Khz both in the hardware setting and GS, I get noise. Therefore I have to use 44.1 or 48 Khz, but that give pretty big latency.

Anyone have any luck using DSP 24 Value with GS at 16 bit 96Khz?

------------------
    Doh!

I can playback sounds in giga studio at 24 bit 48 k.
    Giga studio will support 24/48 operation as long as that is with in the bit rate capabilities of you sound card and the sound files that you are playing back.
    I have a Darla 24/96 sound card and even though I have seen listed specs of giga studio of 24/96 , it is among a few misleading printed specs that I have seen about this program.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damian Smith:
    I asked about this problem and Claus, he said that future driver updates should have this feature enabled.[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this straight:
    I just purchased a DSP24/C-Port - 24 bit/96 kHz sound card system, that won\'t do 24 bit/96 kHz ? Is that what your telling me?

thanks
    Bjk

Go Back to forum