• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Moving on...

Moving on...

Well, after a few years of using GPO, an amazing and truly inspirational software, I am moving on to EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP. I have learned so much from all of you on this exceptional forum and I thank you! I will still be using GPO in Sibelius though, a beautiful couple. Once again, thank you Mr. Garritan for all that you have done, not only are you blessed to have so much energy and talent, but then you give it all (and then some) to us! Much appreciated.

Take care,

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

Re: Moving on...

Hi James,
    I hope you stay here with us. All of us would like to hear what you have done with your music.
    Using other libraries is something Gary has always encouraged.
    You know... the more colors Even though you have purchased another library from another company, don't feel like you have to leave us. Use it, exclusively or better yet, use it with GPO, but always feel confident that when you post something for us to hear, we will listen with open minds and ears. I hope you enjoy your new library James!

Ditto, Dan, my sentiments as well!

It's the music that counts; what works for you is what you should use.

I surely hope you will continue your presence here, James.

My best,

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Moving on...

Exactly, I concur with David and Dan. Stay and let us hear your music it IS what counts the most and we DO enjoy hearing your exceptional talent. Sorry, I am fresh out of bribes. All I can do is insist!

Quote Originally Posted by capt_hook
    I am moving on to EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP.
    I'm curious as to what kind of computer setup you will be running it on.

Keyboard Magazine this month reported that "EWQL recommends dedicating two computers to run each section of the orchestra".

That would mean setting up an array of 8 PCs for playing back samples, and using a 9th PC as the sequencer and recording platform.

From what I can see one of the main benefits of Garritan is that it's the comprehensive orchestra that runs on the most modest equipment at the most reasonable cost--and EWQL is at the opposite end of that spectrum.

So, are you building a huge networked computer rig and pulling out all the stops, or are you starting with something more modest?

Please give us a report on how things are going from time to time.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

I just wanted to visit your page but it seems pretty much not working. For your information.

Wishing you nothing but the best in your new musical endeavors. You've been a valuable member of our community. Dan, David, and Mike are right: It's all about the music. Keep at it and I hope you have fun with your new software.

Thank you all for the kind comments, you all rock! About the article in Keyboard mag... I saw that too, about needing two computers dedicated to each family, etc. I believe that's a typo! I've been asking questions on the forum and many ppl do fine with one computer.

I'm going to use a Mac dual 1.8 G5, 5.5 gigs ram, and 660 gigs of hard drive. I've been thinking about doing that MIDI over LAN thing and using my powerbook to help out, but I really don't want to get into LAN thing yet The size of the software is 138 gigs!!!! Thanks all!

OK, I am starting to believe that the Keyboard magazine article wasn't a typo! This library needs some serious power! There is a player for each family. Each player is 8 part mulitimbral and each articulation takes up one channel (there are hundereds or articulations!) I thought it would be like GPO, each instance could have different instruments, etc. NOPE! Here's to hoping, I'm on my last installation disk. There's about 30 disks that came with it.

30 ... DVD's ???

Go Back to forum