• Register
  • Help

Topic: Director coming here in 1 hour - major problem

Share/Bookmark

Director coming here in 1 hour - major problem

Please help.

I am trying to render my film project (seperate cues) to mp3 (eventually AIFF for the Director).

I have Kontakt on this machine with about 800 mb of samples. Every once in a while while rendering the PC will crash. Kontakt (in the VST instrument window) shows the 'yellow' light. Then after I abort the mp3 rendering NOTHING plays back in SX. Has anyone had this problem.

I thought I had a bad sample (choir sample) - removed it - was able to render a couple more cues and then it happened again. SX crashes and I re-boot.

Thanks for any help you could be - it is crunch time!!!!

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Director coming here in 1 hour - major problem

Rob could you mute half of the instruments and render, then mute the other half and render. Then mix. It would take the load off of your processor, and if it's a bad sample, you'll narrow it down and get at least half "on tape".

-JF

I had this problem too. When I rendered, and it asked what I would like to include, I unchecked everything but track automations. Maybe this won't work for your particular project, but every little bit helps in crunch time.

I ended up finding a solution. Rounted my signal back into my MOTU 2408 and made a stereo track - exported that. Thanks though guys.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Glad it worked out, Rob.

A couple of weeks ago, I participated in the 48-hour film festival. Two days before the kickoff, I had left my Giga machine on overnight. I found it locked up the next morning. Hmmm. I powered it down and went to work. At 9:30pm on the Friday of the big weekend, I powered up the Giga machine to find that one of my hard drives had completely failed and the system wouldn't get past the BIOS. ARGH!

Nothing like a deadline and a technical problem to raise the stress level!

My project worked out in the end as well. (We were among the finalists.)

Never give up!

Go Back to forum