• Register
  • Help

Topic: Full GPO thorugh Finale setup wizard help

Share/Bookmark

Full GPO thorugh Finale setup wizard help

This is not about trying to make my full GPO instrument list appear in Finale 2006's setup wizard; I've already done that. My problem is though that when choose instruments to start a new score, like Flute Solo KS etc., there is no sound during playback. I kind of figured this would be setup right away, so as to no longer need Garritan Studio and stuff. Does anyone know what I need to do to make it work directly from the setup wizard?

Re: Full GPO thorugh Finale setup wizard help

If you use the wizard to set up a new document from scratch, you shouldn't need to do anything else. If you use the wizard to add staves to a score (in Staff Tool), you will have to manually load the new patch into a Kontakt Player instance; for some unknown reason this does not happen automatically. Go to MIDI menu | "Native Instruments VST setup" and load the new patch into one of the KP instances (open a new KP instance if need be). Make sure "Play Finale File Through Native Instruments VST" remains checked.

Re: Full GPO thorugh Finale setup wizard help

Blake: I am, too, experiencing the same problem using the Setup Wizard in Finale 2007. I've emailed the Finale user group listserv and hope to have a fix. I think it is a bug.

Steve
    P4-3.2mHz HT, WinXP Pro, 2 Gigs Ram, M-Audio 1010LT, Finale 2006c, GPO2, GJBB, Edirol PCR-30 Midi Controller

Go Back to forum