• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Chicago - Poem for the People (JABB)

Share/Bookmark

Chicago - Poem for the People (JABB)

Here's a link to another Chicago song - Poem for the People: http://members.cox.net/haydn12/Poem.mp3

I recorded this one just after getting the final version of JABB so the brass is still on the weak side as I was learning the full library. Drums, piano and brass are JABB. Organ is Roland XP-30. Bass, guitar and vocals are real.

Jim

Re: Chicago - Poem for the People (JABB)

Wow, this is great... I'm shocked. Excellent vocals and rendering. Drum set sounds great too... Nice job.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

I second that -- it sounds really great. This one seems so much more full than the other Chicago track you posted a few weeks ago. Vocals (especially backing) are great, too -- I mean REALLY, I've listened like three times already -- I really enjoy it.

I especially LOVE the drum sounds and programming -- I mean, that is just DEAD ON for that 70's sound.

How did you DO that?!?

I don't have JABB yet, but it's on my list, right after EZ Drummer... You guys really "sell" that thing with these songs you are posting.

That's a great sound, Jim!

Number One...One...One...One...One...

Thank you for posting it. Keep up the great work.

Larry

Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Wow.

Dead on, Jim... fantastic work you're
    doing on these.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

WOWOWWOWOWOOOOO!

Dan

Makes me remember how good Chicago used to be. Great work!

Peace

rikp

Thanks!

This is another one from the Transcribed Scores series put out by Hal Leonard which are quite accurate. I did find some errors in the score but on the whole the transcriptions are excellent.

TokyoTan - this is a standard kit from JABB and shows just how good the programming is. JABB is a must have library.

The early Chicago is my favorite period because they weren't afraid to experiment. This song has many sections including some nice time changes.

Jim

A great song and yet another incredible rendition, Jim. Your guitar, bass and singing are first class and you have a way of programming drums that I particularly enjoy... brass instruments parts are also very good, thanks for offering this to the forum
    Roberto

WoW! Very Nice!

The Horn attacks are too precise. They need a few splats and a little less synchronization in attack timing with much of attacks being a little ahead of the beat. I'll shut up now.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast