• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I intend to buy aardvark Direct Pro 24 ? Must I ?

Share/Bookmark

I intend to buy aardvark Direct Pro 24 ? Must I ?

I intend to buy both GigaStudio/Cubase VST/ and Aardvark Direct Pro 24 ?

Is it a good idea ?
    What should be the problems ?

Or what should be the best audio Card for
    the same price (500 to 600 us dollars approx...)

I mean with same or better advantages...,
    good drivers and compatibility, etc...

You know !? Please help me ! Answer me !

Very Thanks !!
    (Sorry for my English..?! : too bad !!)

------------------

Re: I intend to buy aardvark Direct Pro 24 ? Must I ?

I don\'t know about Cubase, but I do know that the Aardvark Direct Pro works very well with Cakewalk and Gigastudio.

Doug

I have used the Aardvark for quite some time.
    The Direct Pro, I think has the best sounds sonically, and the best feauture is that you do not need a mixer. The other bonus of the card is that it has its own dsp engine built in to it, where you can do real time mixing without taxing the cpu whatsoever. I had to figure out the settings, just like any other card would have to be figured out, but Doug helped me with this. I also find that all my gear work in Sync, because of the great Jitter Clock, as aardvark is known for their syncboxes. The soundcard itself to me is the most important factor. The Aardvark soundcard itself made the decision to buy as I have had no computer noise whatsoever, as the soundcard itself is shielded. With Cakewalk, Gigastudio I have not had any problems with latency, noise irq conflicts etc.

My secon choice of a soundcard would be the
    Egosys Wamirack, as I think sonically it sounds great.

Hope this helped

[This message has been edited by Raven (edited 07-03-2001).]

The Aardvark cards are exceptional especially when considering the amount of sheilding incorporated into the card. However be very leery of driver upgrades. As of 7/3/01 most of the Aardvark upgrades (especially 5.14 ARE VERY BUGGY). If you stay with the original drivers that came with the card you should be OK.

Michael

What kind of bugs? I noticed that gigasampler always crashes the first time I start it after booting. Is that due to an Aardvark bug (I also have the latest driver: 5.14).

I also noticed that if I change the sampling rate, everything gets messed up and I have to reboot.

I have the 5.14 driver and have no problems with Cakewalk or Gigastudio. My system is:

Dell PIII 850
    500 MB RAM
    two 30 GB hard drives, both ATA66 7200 rpm\'s
    Aardvard Direct Pro 24/96
    Turtle Beach Montego II

Doug

The Aardvark is a fine card, but if you have an AMD chipset be wary. See their website before you buy. aardvark-pro.com

It seems to be popular concenses from sources like Soundchasers, sweetwater sound etc that the best sounding card out there that has gsif drivers is the Delta 1010.
    Although that card doesnt have internal preamps like the Ardvark.references to estimates

ignore last 3 words in my last post it was a glitch

Hi all,

I just wanted to mention that I found the
    reason that Gigastudio was crashing on startup sometimes. It turns out that if I
    remove the DVD from the DVD ROM, the problem
    goes away. It seems that the DVD ROM was sometimes in standby mode and took some time to wake up when gigastudio started and tried to access the filesystems.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allan:
    What kind of bugs? I noticed that gigasampler always crashes the first time I start it after booting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum