• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Preparing for the Katrina Anniversary

Share/Bookmark

OT: Preparing for the Katrina Anniversary

I just wanted to again thank Chris & Gary and other NS members for the fundraiser this past year. My ibook has seen a lot of ware and tear from airport to airport & gig to gig, from New Orleans to NYC.

Katrina has been difficult on me and my family, but we have continued and are rebuilding.

As the Anniversary approaches next week, I'll try posting a few things this week between gigs.

A couple of notes things in this post:

1) I'm finally posting a few pictures that I have shown people, but never have let go public. Note that my house (PRAISE GOD) was spared minus some interior damage by NYFD. So everything you'll see at the following link is around my home on my street. http://www.hollandaudio.com/gallery.html Eventually, I will have a new web site I've been developing that will have complete 'before and after' Katrina images.

2) Spike Lee's 'When the Levee's Broke' will be shown in it's entirety this upcoming week on HBO. Yours truly mixed about two days. It was an amazing and sometimes overwhelming experience! A lot of what I mixed ended up in the show. I was pretty surprised when I went to the premier to see a lot of my segments I recorded on the screen-namely some snippets from Wynton Marsalis singing accapella.

As I get more time, I'll be posting some more Katrina, family updates, and eventually some music.
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Re: OT: Preparing for the Katrina Anniversary

Just bumping to get past the weekend
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Wow. Thanks for the reality check.

Tom

Thanks for the update. Though we live in Atlanta, we have a lot of in-laws and extended family in the New Orleans area that were affected by Katrina. I'm always interested in news.

We don't have cable or satellite TV at my house and don't get HBO; I'm hoping the Spike Lee film will be released on DVD in a few months.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

All the best for you and your family.

Thanks Tom, Wheat, & Hannes,
    Just wrapped my latest gig in NYC and am back in New Orleans.
    Many many anniversaires are happening. Amazing, Even food network tv did a $40 a day show in New Orleans. It was immediately followed by a resteraunt gulf coast relief effort.
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

I went down earlier this year to Fat Tuesday. It was great.
    For most of the morning, Spike Lee and his crew were filming the parades and crowds right in front of us. I've seen the 1st part of "Levees" but not yet the 2nd.
    Good job JohnnyP. Wynton Marsalis singing accapella was sweet.

Squoze,

Quote Originally Posted by squoze
    I went down earlier this year to Fat Tuesday. It was great.
    For most of the morning, Spike Lee and his crew were filming the parades and crowds right in front of us. I've seen the 1st part of "Levees" but not yet the 2nd.
    Good job JohnnyP. Wynton Marsalis singing accapella was sweet.
    Thanks! What was funny was I think it was pure conicidence. One that I was booked that day and also I think Wynton was just in town for a concert. I overheard Spike going, 'Tell Wynton to bring his trumpet' I was like well gee I'm not sure I'm set up to record a 'session' today.
    I had been called to record a few interviews and some B-roll not record instruments. But it worked out ok.

Thanks again.
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Go Back to forum