• Register
  • Help

Topic: SW1000XG

Share/Bookmark

SW1000XG

Has anybody had any luck using the new gsif drivers with the SW?. I\'ve installed them, just to test them out but Gigastudio doesn\'t seem to like them one bit. No sound and relentless crashes!

Re: SW1000XG

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TJ:
    Has anybody had any luck using the new gsif drivers with the SW?. I\'ve installed them, just to test them out but Gigastudio doesn\'t seem to like them one bit. No sound and relentless crashes!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version of windows are you running? A user on the sw1000xg yahoo group who is running windows ME reported excessive crashes after upgrading to the new GSIF driver, though I think he was able to get at least some sound out of Gigastudio. If you aren\'t getting any sound, you should check that the audio channels allocated to Giga (in Giga\'s settings) are not also in use by other software.

I\'m running win98 SE, and I\'ve found Giga\'s performance with the new GSIF driver to be about the same as with the directX driver. The exception of course is all the new flexibility in routing and mixing; but I experience the same latency as before, as well as the same frequency of clicks, pops, and crashes.

psi

Go Back to forum