• Register
  • Help

Topic: MSG32.exe - Killed my Computer

Share/Bookmark

MSG32.exe - Killed my Computer

Hello Forums:

Recently installed GigaStudio, worked for about a week, when I started getting problems;

Every time I tried to turn OFF msg32.exe the computer would crash and reboot.
    Every time msg32.exe Starts Up at boot sequence, it'd reboot my computer as well.

2 nights ago, the darned thing not only rebooted my computer, but also formatted my harddrive, causing me to lose some important and valuable data.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem, or if I'm the only one?

Re: MSG32.exe - Killed my Computer

By Default, Windows XP reboots when there's a serious error. To disable this "feature", right click on My Computer, choose properties, click on the Advanced tab, click on Settings under Startup and Recovery, and un-check "Automatically Restart".

You'll then get a BSOD, which will have an error message.

As far as I know, there's no way msg32 can reformat your hard drive.

msg 32 will not re-format your drive, is it possible you have a virus that activated itself and prompt you to click "yes" format ?

you are not supposed to try to turn it off either, or yes, you will get a BSOD.

Try to disable " monitor file activity" in GS, that has helped me quite a bit with GS and getting BSOD, they have pretty much stopped since doing that.

good luck

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Coliver
    Hello Forums:

Recently installed GigaStudio, worked for about a week, when I started getting problems;

Every time I tried to turn OFF msg32.exe the computer would crash and reboot.
    Every time msg32.exe Starts Up at boot sequence, it'd reboot my computer as well.

2 nights ago, the darned thing not only rebooted my computer, but also formatted my harddrive, causing me to lose some important and valuable data.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem, or if I'm the only one?
    You can get a BSOD if you stop msg32.exe if you stop it. Go into safe made and remove it from startup. If you want to use GS it will usually start up msg32.exe for you.
    Make sure Monitor File Activity is also deactivated. That was major problems for me.

That's just some more to add to the extensive Giga troubleshooting list.

Go Back to forum