• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasampler 64 and Hoontech Soundtrack DSP 24 Value

Share/Bookmark

Gigasampler 64 and Hoontech Soundtrack DSP 24 Value

Hello,

Is there a known problem with GS 64 and Hoontech Soundtrack DSP 24 Value?

I bought the soundcard to have better latency compare to my Soundblaster 128. But something is wrong, I´m using GSIF but the latency is realy bad. Worse than SB128. What is the solution to this?

/Nisse

Re: Gigasampler 64 and Hoontech Soundtrack DSP 24 Value

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nisse:
    Hello,

I´m using GSIF but the latency is realy bad. Worse than SB128. What is the solution to this?

/Nisse
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hejsan Nisse
    I\'ve just installed a Soundtrack DSP24, which
    is quite similar to the value card, so I\'ll
    try and help you out. ( got problems too, but
    not with latency )

Did you download the latest driver from www.hoontech.com?
    How is your setup in the DSP24 VE hardware
    configuration?

Bjarne

Re: Gigasampler 64 and Hoontech Soundtrack DSP 24 Value

Oh my god! I finally found someone using Hoontech DSP 24 Value with GigaSampler/GigaStudio!!!!

Well, I\'m using GigaStudio 160 with DSP 24 Value. I don\'t have latency problem, but I do have noise problem.

You see, I tried to use the Multichannel driver from installation cd (/sound/dsp24ve/driver/multi/)
    but GS crashed. So I try to use the latest multichannel driver from hoontech.com. The same thing happen, so I can only use the regular driver (/sound/dsp24/ve/driver/).

I load the External mixer, and set the internal sample clock to 96 Khz... when I play a note in GigaStudio, I get noise. I do get 3 ms latency with 96 Khz... Anyway, I have to reduce to 44.1 Khz to get rit of the noise. 44.1 Khz has latency of 7 ms, and I set the buffer to 335....

Hoop this will help, or maybe we can hook up and exchange info on how to use this card with GS... there\'re not many people out there using this combination. Thanks.

------------------
    Doh!

Go Back to forum