• Register
  • Help

Topic: Completed - The Timeless Moon

Share/Bookmark

Completed - The Timeless Moon

Here is the completed realization of a piece I wrote for a chamber orchestra. It was a difficult task, but rewarding, to get Finale GPO ('07) to be able to play this score. It has been performed by a live orchestra (The Ohio Chamber Orchestra) and I was quite pleased to hear that the Finale GPO version fairs well against the original recording.

It is a musical depiction of the alien vistas one would see if flying over our lunar landscape. It tries to convey the feeling of loneliness, alien desolation and despare, the despair one would feel being so far from our beautiful 'blue-green' gem in the cold, dark blackness of space. Here is my:

TIMELESS MOON

~Bill~

Re: Completed - The Timeless Moon

This is quite interesting. A very haunting piece. I really liked the background violin slides that you were able to create. And some nice legato working in the solo violin. Your dynamics really turned out well, too. Nice work!

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Bill,

Sort of a futuristic version of Holst's "That Planets". Oh ok, just one of them Nice rendering with the GPO.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Paula and Gary, Thanks for listening - it is a tough one to listen too if you are not into that sort of music. I am glad you liked it (I think you liked it). I should probably post the original recording by the Chamber Orchestra so listeners could compare. (Though there were mistakes made in the performance.)

Congratulations on the performance, William!

I absolutely devoured this piece. Superb work, my friend;
    the orchestration of it is stunningly well done, and the
    composition is amongst the most interesting, engaging,
    listenable, and moving modern pieces I've heard in quite
    some time. There's an inner sense and clarity of thought
    to this that is rivetingly enticing...

Without reservation:

Bravo!

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks David, from you that is the highest acclaim I could ever expect. I am truly honored to have had you listen. Your comments are well appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer
    Paula and Gary, Thanks for listening - it is a tough one to listen too if you are not into that sort of music. I am glad you liked it (I think you liked it). I should probably post the original recording by the Chamber Orchestra so listeners could compare. (Though there were mistakes made in the performance.)
    Yes I enjoyed it very much. I like to compare the GPO renderings against live performs as well. Yes, there are mistakes made in live, but that is a real world event.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum