• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 library for orchestration...

Kontakt 2 library for orchestration...

I'm in the early planning stages of running a freelance game audio and sound design company and I use Kontakt 2 as my main sampler. I was wondering just how sufficient the library that comes with it (and also the Komplete Sound 2 add-on library) would be for orchestration. I wouldn't be opposed to adding the East West and/or Garritan libraries at some point also, but in the mean time, just how effective do you think the stock library would be? Thanks guys...

Re: Kontakt 2 library for orchestration...

The Kontakt 2 library is very nice (for more than just the orchestral stuff) but not sufficient to execute full-blown production. Look at the EW Gold / XP libs to give yourself a complete pallette.

Damon Sink
    G5 Dual 2 GHz, P4 3.8GHz, Logic Pro 7, Digital Performer, EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP, VSL, Kontakt2, Finale

Be sure to check out the Kirk Hunter Emerald library. It's excellent and for a moderate price.

EWQLSO Glod XP and Platinum XP work very well within Kontakt 2. You cannot go wrong with the combination.
    "I would rather compose than decompose."

Sean C. Dockery

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Edinburgh, Scotland

the refined Viennese sound of VSL K2 and more full blooded, expressive and romantic KHSO I think complement each other quite well. The supplied VSL sounds on their own to me would really only be only adequate for chamber/lighter music.

Go Back to forum