• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: So Sad

So Sad

Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and conservationist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray while filming off the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.

I am so sad, I really enjoyed what Steve brought into my television while he was with us.
    It was some Good TV.
    I love the way he talked, especially when he was referring to a crockadile...
    " Isn't she a beauty! "

I willl miss him,

Please pray for his family and friends.

Rest In Peace Steve.

West Seneca, NY

Unhappy Re: So Sad

Sad indeed. Ironic that a freak accident would take Steve down after all the times he had cheated the inevitable.
    Going to miss you Steve and your awesome skills you had with all animals!

Re: So Sad

sad indeed. still... alas... it was a bit forseeable, don't you think? i mean, spending day in day out with dangerous species can't be exactly a safe thing to do. he was a true original, though, and will be missed by many. just would like to add that my deepest sympathy goes to his family, and that i wish them all the best in trying to stick through this hardest of times.

Not to kill the mood but it was bound to happen. At the time, he was recording for a documentary called Ocean's Deadliest. But this is kind of disappointing, even though people in my area don't watch his show.

Also, I noticed that the article on Steve Irwin on Wikipedia is getting about 4-6 changes per minute.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

I'll keep his friends and family in my thoughts and prayers. May he rest in peace.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

A shame, indeed. Steve Irwin was no doubt a bit
    rambunctious and certainly a character -- but he
    did a great deal to promote and educate about
    wildlife and the environment.

I was definitely an admirer of the man. He will
    be missed.

He was one of my few idols, the quality of the world has definitely been lowered after today

Dallas, TX

Wow, this is sad. When i saw him handling deadly spiders and snakes, i feared that this could someday happen to him, but hoped that it wouldn't. He was one of a kind and will be missed.

West Seneca, NY

I hear the whole tragedy is on film. The media is going to have a field day exploiting this one. That's what's really sad!

I doubt the media will broadcast the actual attack.
    Let's hope they don't.

Go Back to forum