• Register
  • Help

Topic: Funky Echo/Delay in RMX after new disk

Share/Bookmark

Funky Echo/Delay in RMX after new disk

Hello

I have an e-mail into Spec support but they're probably away for the holidays. Anyways, About 2 months ago I had to replace my hard disk on my 1.25Ghz AlBook laptop. All files were backed up and restored, I have only now had a chance to use RMX since then but I am getting a funky echo/delay any time I play any of the presets in RMX using Digital Performer 4.52 and no sound at all in Garageband.

I reinstalled and updated to 1.5.1(c&d). Still no luck. I haven't reauthorized though...Anybody have any clues as to what is going on?

Thanks

Charles
    OS 10.3.9
    DP 4.52
    1.25 Ghz AlBook/ 1GB RAM

Re: Funky Echo/Delay in RMX after new disk

Did you check to make sure your audio driver (wdm or asio) is not set to an echo driver.

I know this sounds weird, but I have an emu 1820m and because of it's onboard dsp, some of the asio drivers have effects built into them or route them in some way.

I kept getting this funky delay on everything, so I decided to see about the audio driver. Lo and behold, it said ASIO echo driver for emu 1820m. It was weird! I was able to turn off those drivers in the asio section of (in this case) Sonar, and turn on the normal ASIO drivers.

It did solve my problem.

I hope in some way I sparked something that may help you. I know I'm PC and you're MAC - but perhaps there is something awry that you can now fix.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    Did you check to make sure your audio driver (wdm or asio) is not set to an echo driver.

I know this sounds weird, but I have an emu 1820m and because of it's onboard dsp, some of the asio drivers have effects built into them or route them in some way.

I kept getting this funky delay on everything, so I decided to see about the audio driver. Lo and behold, it said ASIO echo driver for emu 1820m. It was weird! I was able to turn off those drivers in the asio section of (in this case) Sonar, and turn on the normal ASIO drivers.

It did solve my problem.

I hope in some way I sparked something that may help you. I know I'm PC and you're MAC - but perhaps there is something awry that you can now fix.

Mike

Hey thanks.

But no I don't think that's an issue. That reminds me, I should mention that I use a Presonus Firepod. Things were working just fine prior to the disk failing.

Hopefully I'll hear from Spectrasonics soon...

Thanks

Charles

Turns out that my buffer settings were too high (2048). 1024 and below restores "normal" behavior in DP.

Thanks

Charles

Go Back to forum