• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Stylus RMX + Acoustic, non elec, dist, kits

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX + Acoustic, non elec, dist, kits

Can i get a plain old rock kit(etc) in RMX? Or is it all remix stuff? Do i need to then buy an expansion??

Re: Stylus RMX + Acoustic, non elec, dist, kits

you will need to get backbeat for it, or liquid grooves. RMX is well worth it.
    www.energiestudios.com

Backbeat is an absolute must-have. And Liquid Grooves has been invaluable to me as well.

hi guys,

I just bought Stylus RMX and the Backbeat expander. I'm very happy with it.
    I am mainly into pop music and the Backbeat expander sounds extremely well I think. Point is that I'm trying to alter the patterns a bit. In my music I use quite a lot of kicks and accents for bass and kick drum.
    I find this a bit harder to do than I expected; is it true that the only way to replace a kickdrum in a loop is to:

1 - drag MIDI file into sequencer (Cubase SL)
    2 - alter the MIDI pattern?

I experienced that not all slices have isolated sounds (Bubble elements in Backbeat for example) and so moving the MIDI notes around a bit sounds, well, a bit unnatural.

Are there other things I could do?
    In general I'm very enthousiastic about the product, I just hope that I will find a way to make it a bit more flexible.

You could use another instance of stylus in "kit mode" to program the accents and one shots you are looking for. Of course there are no kits for the sounds in the expanders so some tweaking would be needed. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by trifonius
    Are there other things I could do?
    In general I'm very enthousiastic about the product, I just hope that I will find a way to make it a bit more flexible.
    Another thing to do is to make a custom group of all the kicks in the loop, and then mute that group. Now you have the loop without any kicks. You can then use any kick drum you like, either from RMX or anything else, and program any kick pattern you like.
    Or, drag and drop the midifile, cut and paste all the kick notes to a different track, set them all to the same note number and have them trigger any kick sound you like.

matto

get this app, AND a good multi hit module (DFH) for acoust kit stuff, and you are all set for all possible, thinkable, drum needs

best

Peter

Thanks. I am also considering Drumkit from Hell Superior. Looking for mostly acoustic stuff, i have tons of rex stuff, for demoing drum parts. Acoustic sets, like Nick Lachey (eww) sounding sets, for tv etc... Metal kits,

whats best for that?

I have both RMX and Drum Kit from H***. Stylus rocks. I use all over my production, but for acoustic kits DKFH blows everything else away. Very smooth and perfectly sampled. In my opinion, Stylus is more of a production tool than a drum library. If you can, get both, you won't be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mattdean
    I have both RMX and Drum Kit from H***. Stylus rocks. I use all over my production, but for acoustic kits DKFH blows everything else away. Very smooth and perfectly sampled. In my opinion, Stylus is more of a production tool than a drum library. If you can, get both, you won't be sorry.
    I absolutely agree, I have all the drum libs,.. BFD, LSD RDK,... DFH C&V is the one for me !!
    RMX is a different animal and awesome, having both covers it all.

peace
    PM

Go Back to forum