• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A.I.R. - Updates

Share/Bookmark

A.I.R. - Updates

hello Northern Soundians,
    Great news!
    A.I.R. is getting good reviews. If you check out our website www.samplelogic.com you can see our newly updated press and reviews section that contain reviews from award winning composers. Also, stay tuned for our reviews in keyboard, electronic musician and virtual isntrument magazines Sample Logic was also credited in 2 blockbuster films that will be coming to theaters in the near future, which you can read more about in our new SL news section on our site.

We are adding new demo tracks in the near future as well, If you already own A.I.R. and compose a track with it let me know joe@samplelogic.com and we can add it to our website, also any feedback about the product would be greatly appreciated
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Re: A.I.R. - Updates

Great stuff!!! I just got my copy today and I am very impressed with the sounds. I also really like the way things are categorized

The interface is pretty straightforward, although I've never used Kontakt before and have some quick questions about the effects; is it possible to edit the settings for the main effects? I figured out how to assign the internal plug ins to the channels in the outputs section, but I am wondering if the main low cut, resonance, high cut, phaser, delay and reverb can be altered other than just the amount. Also, is there any way to control the internal plug ins on the output channels remotely? Or do I have to use my mouse to change the parameters? Thanks!!

hello Thunder

Great stuff!!! I just got my copy today and I am very impressed with the sounds.

glad to hear everything is going well.
    As for the GUI and output channel effects you can assign midi controlers to automate the effects, this way you dont have to use the mouse. Once your hardware slider or knobs midi cc# is assigned to the effect you will be able to use the hardware to control the effect, and if you dont have hardware, depending on your sequencing software, you should be able to draw the automation in. The GUI effects only control the amount, However, as you probably noticed the output channel effects are the same default effects that the regular kontakt sampler comes with and offers far more control. It is the way to go to truely morph and tweak your sound.

Glad to hear everything is going well I look forward to hearing your progress. If you create a demo track send it my way.

best,
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

I still can't figure out how to assign my midi controller to anything other than volume, tune and pan, those are the only parameters that it will allow me to assign in the automation section. Is there a way to assign other parameters, like effects settings, to a midi cc#?

Also- in the tips section on your website, it says to "stretch" and "alter the loop lengths" of the patches, and I can't figure out how to get into any of that. I have read through the manual, faq's and tips section and can't figure out how to do these things. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

MIDI control can be assigned to each indivdual effects knob (6 in all) found in the instrument GUI interface. You will see directly above each knob there is a "Mid CC in" followed by a number. You can change these numbers to the coresponding number of you control device, i.e. CC#1 for modulation, etc. A fast way to dertermine what CC# your controler is using, you can move the fader/knob on the controler and simataneously a lightning bolt will flash in the "auto" tab screen to the left of the instrument.

The drag and drop automation assignment is limited by Native Instruments which is why we programmed addtional MIDI asginemnts above each knob.

In order to alter loop lengths and stretch out samples you will need to run AIR with Kontakt 2 software. The Kontakt2 Player is a stripped down version.

Best,
    Keith Robinson
    Sample Logic LLC
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

So is it possible to automate parameters of the output channel effects? For example, can you automate the feedback of the delay, or the ratio of the compressor? Or is automation (and external MIDI control) only possible with the level of the GUI effects?

So is it possible to automate parameters of the output channel effects?
    -->No.

Or is automation (and external MIDI control) only possible with the level of the GUI effects?
    -->Correct.

If you use AIR with Kontakt 2 (full program) you can customize what you automate in greater detail.

Best,

Keith Robinson
    Sample Logic LLC
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Just Got A.I.R. Today,

It is a unique sounding library, with some kewl sounds that will prove to be very usefull, specially for any film score type of vibe. Here is a track I whipped up today using it,

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=4467728

sorry for the low res playback
    www.energiestudios.com

great track Eric keep up the good work. If it's cool with you i'll add this to our demo tracks on our website in a few days

keeup up the good work!
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Sounds Good,

Thanks Joe
    www.energiestudios.com

Go Back to forum