• Register
  • Help

Topic: EXTREMELY pleased with SAM Brass

Share/Bookmark

EXTREMELY pleased with SAM Brass

Based on what I have heard and heard, I was expecting it to be good, but this library has exceeded my expectations. This is probably the most realistic sounding library out of the box (and I do not mean only brass) - the recordings were done extremely well, and the work that went into this paid off, as it simply sounds great. My hat goes off to everyone who made this happen; I only wish every other library sounded like this.

Hey - you guys planning on doing the rest of the orchestra? Strings perhaps? If you need some people to pre-order, let me know, I will be first in line. Just promise me we won't have the same approach to directory structure, k?

Cheers.

Re: EXTREMELY pleased with SAM Brass

Hi,

Thanks so much for your kind words!

We won't reveal any of our future plans just yet.

After our fourth brass library, SAM Solo Sessions, came our first percussion library, SAM True Strike 1. This month we will re-release True Strike 1 in Multi-format and release the next in the percussion series: True Strike 2. These libraries will all come with an installer that will rerefer the programs and samples for you.

This month we will also start a new series called SAM Exclusives. More info that very soon!

Best regards & thanks again,

Maarten
    Creative Director
    ProjectSAM
    Cinematic Sampling
    www.projectsam.com

Me too. !!
    They have a rich satisfying, complex sound.
    I recently redid my Elgar Cello Concerto Gofriller demo, using SAM solo Tpts, Trombones, and Tuba.
    I can certainly see how useful these sounds are in an orchestral context.

I remain a bit less convinced by the trumpet samples in a chamber music context.
    I have yet to find a sustain patch, that doesnt swell.
    I tried rendering about 30 bars of my Brass quintet with the SAM tpt. This took many hours because I had to write a volume envelope for every note longer than an eighth. But this still sounds a bit wierd, with the note getting quieter, and the trumpet sound swelling.

Does anyone have any tips and tricks for this phenomenom. ??
    I have searched in vain for any tips and tricks when using SAM solo sessions. Have I missed out on any good resources. ??

This minor quibble aside, I am very happy with the sound of this Library. And I am looking forward to seeing how these wonderful sounds integrate with GPOA.

regards Joe

Hi joaz -

"I remain a bit less convinced by the trumpet samples in a chamber music context."

I can see where this might be a problem. I think the lib is geared more towards the full orchestral sound; for chamber music you would need slightly different playing.

"I have yet to find a sustain patch, that doesnt swell."

Really? What about Trp sustain c46 in Basic Main? That has no swell, as some of the others don't either. Unless I am missing what you are getting at?

Cheers.

Go Back to forum