• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

    Eric-

    I sent this note below to tech support, I really think the awesome VSti's you make will benefit from a few tweaks. With the new OS's etc,.. on the horizon I doubt it will happen, but this is meant constructively.

    Greetings-

    I have found a new issue that is a drag when using Spectrasonics instruments with Nuendo/Cubase.

    When " saving a mixer setting" in Nuendo with say,.. DFH or BFD, and Trilogy, Atmosphere. This mixing template that I could load up with things in place the way I like to work.

    The VSTi's ALL load in correct place with the patches/settings as they were left. But, NO spectrasonics VSTi's do this, the spec channels always load empty, no VSTi.
    (no spec VSTi in place) This is a drag and a big shortcoming when using Spec VSTi's.

    I've already contacted Spec about the fact that all other well known VSTi's have no issues when migrating a project from Mac to PC
    (same host),.. except Spectrasonics, which again show up empty,.. no patches.

    This is really bad for a company who makes the fine products you do, I understand it's impossible to test with every host but would consider Nuendo/Cubase should certainly part of the tested bunch. I don't think there will be corrections to these Vsti's but if there is any considering it please put these in the suggestion box. If other lesser companies can do this,.... so can Spectrasonics.

    Thanks for reading

    Peter

  2. #2

    Re: Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

    You need to give more details about your system specs because I have no problem in Nuendo 3 remembering settings. I have no experience of migrating platforms though.

    D

  3. #3

    Re: Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    You need to give more details about your system specs because I have no problem in Nuendo 3 remembering settings. I have no experience of migrating platforms though.
    D
    You are lucky, D:

    Spectrasonics confirmed this issue with me, they repeated the issue.

    save a project on PC, Nu 3,.. open it on Mac,.. OSX 3.9,. NU 3 all the spec VSTi's are empty presets,.. no patch assigned.

    not a huge drag for a single instance of Trilogy,.. but I have some projects where between Atmo and Trilo they total 12 or so,. that's a pain !!

    RMX does NOT do this,. I'm told by spec tech support that it's because a different company created the 2 VSTis I mentioned. where as spec created RMX.
    *(something like this,.. I could have it backwards ?

    A new issue I mentioned is the VSTi's in the mixer, saved as "mxr"
    everything is saved properly except Specs,.. all show up with NO vstis on the saved channels.

    Can't see how its my system, since all other plugins and vstis work and save just as left, except the specs ? (

    Pm

  4. #4

    Re: Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

    Thanks for your feedback...we'll keep it in mind for the future.

    The original UVI based Spectrasonics VSTs (Atmosphere and Trilogy) are no longer cross platform song compatible on Nuendo/Cubase. They were at one time, but there's been a number of key changes on the OSX side which lost the cross-platform compatibility of songs. We apologize for the inconvenience.

    As you noticed, Stylus RMX works correctly because this is based on our in-house engine that we can easily support and test.

    The solution for your template issue is to rebuild it and save on the platform of choice where it will be reloaded....that should work fine for you.

    spectrum

  5. #5

    Re: Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

    Eric,

    As always, I appreciate the response and I'm glad you didn't take offense.
    I think you're stuff is the best out and look forward to whatever you guys have coming out next.

    I'm a bit confused on your suggestion though?
    I was just saving mxr settings in Nuendo on the Powerbook,.. and opened another project, then loaded the mxr- same powerbook minutes later.

    So all settings, plugins, send levels etc,.. are there intact except Trilogy and Atmosphere,.which are blank channels?

    templates are different they will save on the same plat, I guess this is just a no go though?

    thanks again for taking the time to read and comment.

    best-
    Peter

  6. #6

    Re: Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMcC
    Eric,

    As always, I appreciate the response and I'm glad you didn't take offense.
    I think you're stuff is the best out and look forward to whatever you guys have coming out next.

    I'm a bit confused on your suggestion though?
    I was just saving mxr settings in Nuendo on the Powerbook,.. and opened another project, then loaded the mxr- same powerbook minutes later.

    So all settings, plugins, send levels etc,.. are there intact except Trilogy and Atmosphere,.which are blank channels?

    templates are different they will save on the same plat, I guess this is just a no go though?

    thanks again for taking the time to read and comment.

    best-
    Peter
    Yeah...that doesn't make sense at all. You should have no recall issues on either platform as long as you stay on that platform.

    Sounds like you might need to contact tech support and again and reference this thread.

    If Nuendo is not saving recalling settings properly on your powerbook, then maybe something is wrong with Nuendo. Cubase and VStack work fine for me on my Powerbook with all our stuff....including the UVI plugs.

  7. #7

    Re: Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

    OK,

    I'll contact SPec and Stein tech support, it does seem odd to me that plugs like Pro 53, DFH, BFD, all wprk as expected.

    I want to figure this one out,
    thanks again.

    Pm

  8. #8

    Re: Spectrasonics-Cubase/Nuendo issues

    Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    If Nuendo is not saving recalling settings properly on your powerbook, then maybe something is wrong with Nuendo. Cubase and VStack work fine for me on my Powerbook with all our stuff....including the UVI plugs.
    Works fine on PC so it may be platform specific.

    D

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •