• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ANOTHER film soundtrack

Share/Bookmark

Arrow ANOTHER film soundtrack

This song is a prelude to a big battle, so it is a bit dark and dramatic.

http://www.gamesare.com/19- Path_Of_Destiny.mp3

This is mostly a brass/percussion track, but the strings, main percussion, and some layered brass is GPO.

Re: ANOTHER film soundtrack

Hey, Great work. I hear a little Elfman and Williams in there. Your use of brass and especially percussion is wonderful and extremely powerful. What choir sample do you use? Your really have a great talent for the sound track. Would like to hear more soon.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Sam,
    Great piece. Loved the brass and percussion as well as the choir. It certainly gives the impression of an impending battle.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Sam:

Beautiful writing and orchestration. Excellent use of instruments and mixing.

A+

BRAVO

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dillard
    This song is a prelude to a big battle, so it is a bit dark and dramatic.

This is mostly a brass/percussion track, but the strings, main percussion, and some layered brass is GPO.
    Sam,

Great writing on this piece, definately the prelude to a battle or at least something monumental about to take place. I agree great percussion and overall scoring is superb!!! You are getting the max out of the sound libraries.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Thank you very much! This was actually one of the first few songs I made using pc sound libraries a couple years ago, back when it only took a day or so to complete a song lol.

Very nicely done. What choral library did you use to obtain such a fine blend?

I use VOTA for most choir stuff. I kinda wish I had waited and got the Symphonic Choirs instead, however, as that seems to be everything and more. It would take me a year to save up that kind of money lol.

Hello,

I'm listening to the stuff you've posted the last days, I like all of them. Many good themes in it, well written and orchestrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dillard
    It would take me a year to save up that kind of money lol.
    That's me saying this.

Regards

Kai

Well done Sam. I listened your other compositions as well and like your way of writing. Melody, orchestration, rendering, in my opinion all your work is excellent. . Thanks for sharing.

Gerard

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast