• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using Delta Series Soundcard with Another GSIF Soundcard in the same machine?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using Delta Series Soundcard with Another GSIF Soundcard in the same machine?

Greetings everyone,

I have been using the Darla24 for some time now. I also have a soundblaster card that is really only used for listening to CDs and online audio. Currently, I bring 8 analog channels of gigastudio instruments out to a Tascam TM-D1000 digital mixer. My input channels 9-16 of the mixer were unused because I could not find a reliable TDIF soundcard that was GSIF compliant and Sonar compatible...Until Now! Midiman just released there Delta TDIF for shipment. Now I can theoretically stream 16 channels (8 analog via Darla24 and 8 TDIF via the Delta TDIF) simultaneously out of my pc and into my digital mixer. The determining factor that remains is whether or not a Delta series card and the Darla24 can work peacefully together in the same machine. Hss anyone done this? If so, could you shed some light? Latency is not an issue for me, since I am running a 1.3GhZ P4 with 384 RDRAM.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. If need be, I will keep limiting myself to only 8 channels of Gigastudio I/O if this solution is not feasible. Thanks in advance.

regards,
    JB

Re: Anyone using Delta Series Soundcard with Another GSIF Soundcard in the same machine?

There\'s no problem with running the 2 cards inside the same PC> the catch is, Gigastudio cannot use more than one card. It only has a selector for 1 card, so you have to choose one or the other, which won\'t give you 16 channels.

Regards,
    bob

Re: Anyone using Delta Series Soundcard with Another GSIF Soundcard in the same machine?

Make sure only one card is chosen in Sonar and one midi driver apart from the Giga endless Wave,and the other card and same midi driver as chosen in Sonar is chosen in Giga.Latencey is determined by audio card drivers and how your software app deals with them,not CPU or Ram.

Greetings,

I am not quite sure I understand what Alan is saying, but I do thank you both for your infor. I have found a solution. The MOTU 2408 mkII system!! It will give me 8 TDIF, 8 ADAT, 8 analog, and SPDIF simultaneously. They also have the Windows 2000/ME WDM drivers ready with GSIF , USB audio, Firewire, compatibility. They are quoted,

\"MOTU\'s Version 2 GSIF driver provides excellent, extremely low-latency performance
    with all GigaStudio products,\" commented Jeff Klopmeyer, Tascam\'s Marketing Director,
    in reference to their recent acquisition of Nemesys and the entire GigaStudio line of
    PC-based sampling products. \"We view MOTU audio interfaces like the 2408mkII as
    one of the highest-quality, most cost-effective audio I/O solutions for Giga users.\"

MOTU WDM/GSIF drivers are now shipping with all MOTU MIDI and audio
    interfaces. They are also now available for download at:
    www.motu.com/english/download

So once, I save up for this card, roughly $990 after taxes, I will scrap/sell my Darla24 (will sell for $180 still have box and all accessories) and live happily ever after.

regards,
    JB3

Go Back to forum