proudly I present you my very first exercise with Garritan Personal Orchestra.
The moment I bought this in July I started writing this pianoconcerto. It took me several weeks to get acquainted with the ins- and outs of Garritan. Very soon I rejected Cubasis as a tool to master these kind of pieces, so I went looking for a decent general purpose program. And that program demanded learning how to get a decent mix of samples.
Everything but the piano is Garritan. Sorry, I tried the Steinway in GPO, but I'll have to wait until the "real Steinway" comes out. This one is The Grand 2.
I hope you will enjoy this,
- Midi file from Mozart Virtuoso
- Midi input amended in Sonar for Garritan
- Per instrument group output rendered as wave file
- Input all instruments groups into Adobe Audition
- Some minor equalization had to be done
- Reverb was "PerfectSpace" [a Sonar plug] setting Performance Hall.