• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pulsar I and Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

Pulsar I and Gigastudio

Is anyone using a Pulsar I card sucssessfully (no clicks-pops) with Gigastudio? What king of latency-polyphony?
    I\'m considering a Pulsar card for it\'s mixing, adat I/O and GSIF drivers.
    Thanks

Re: Pulsar I and Gigastudio

Peter Kilgour,
    There might be issue!
    Assume that you have the hardwares and softwares setup as required. The Pulsar I works fine for gigasampler, which is about 16-MIDI-CH at 64 voice-polyphony. It also be set about 23ms@44.1khz samplerate for the GSIF. I think that, It (pulsar I) would be a discontinued product from Creamware!

For the GigaStudio, the Luna(II)/PowerSampler/pulsarII/Scope-SP are recommended, reason for it is because of the new hardware design (PCI performance), which compared to the pulsar I, they all have better GSIF\'s latency, they can be set about 13ms@44.1Khz for the GSIF to work without problems.

Hope this helps,
    LHong

LHong:
    Have you actually tried Gigastudio with a Pulsar I card? Did you use the latest pulsar software, I belive it\'s 2.04a?
    Thanks for your help,
    Peter

Hi,
    As I said, The Pulsar I seems be *higher Latency* on GSIF, with the Pulsar version V2.04(a), it is set about 23ms@44.1khz to work with GigaSampler/GigaStudio-160@ about below 100 voice-polyphony. However, to answer your question, we all are using the latest version, aren\'t you? We are noticed that the 2.01(a)~2.04(a) are same GSIF driver! Some improvement, maybe when you have Creamware recommended MOBO like ASUS CUL2/A7A(M)266@512MB...

Anyway, this just be a reference! Of course, you could do more experiments to have better solution on your current setup. Keep in mind, the GigaStudio and Pulsar are very best combination, but how to make them work together is other matter, many setup tricks from Creamware and Nemesy/Tascam in hardwares and softwares must be done.

Hope this helps,
    LHong

Go Back to forum