• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two Short Pieces by Jonny Lost

Two Short Pieces by Jonny Lost

Hey everyone,

How's it going? I just realized that it's been quite a while since I posted anything on the forum. Then, I realized that I hadn't really written very much lately. Oh well. Anyway, I have two very short tunes if you'd like to check them out.

I've given the url's. It's best to just place them in the address line of your web browser.

Prologue - www.jonathoncox.com/Prologue.mp3

A little bit about where I am musically. For some time now, I've felt that I've been musically lost. I can't seem to zero in on any one idea. So what I've decided to do instead is try to build up a better demo reel that I can give out. This is a mock-up Prologue for either a video game, ala Guild Wars or World of Warcraft, or an action scene. When I listen to it, I invision a raiding parting, about to attack a sleepy, ocean-side village.

Bartok's Orchestra - www.jonathoncox.com/Bartok's Orchestra.mp3

This one's a bit more strange. It's an homage to Bartok's Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta, complete with Fibonacci sequences, twelve-tone composition, and a fugue. I only posted a snippet of it because I'm not quite done yet.

Music for Strings, Percussion, and Celesta - www.jonathoncox.com/Music for Strings, Percussion, and Celesta.mp3

This one is just for your listening pleasure. I did this mock up of Bartok's work quite a while ago. It just felt apropriate to post again.

Well, that's it. Let me know you thoughts.

Talk to you soon,
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Two Short Pieces by Jonny Lost

Hi, had trouble with the second link. Really enjoyed the first work. Definitely had a very cinematic and dramatic war type feel. Rendering was just fine... Would like to hear the rest and/or more when you have the time.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Re: Two Short Pieces by Jonny Lost

Nice work on these JL.

The "Bartok" -- that sounds tremendously promising!

I *definitely* want to hear this one when you get it
    finished... if you don't see my smiling face around when
    you post that, PM me.

And "musically lost", my left foot -- that "Bartok" snipped is
    extremely well focused.

Go Back to forum